I'm Oli Mason, a short film director, and I'm working on a new project. I won a competition with the London Short Film Festival to make a short film at Bestival this September. The twist: it has to be filmed and edited within 24 hours, on site.
The film will be screened at Bestival on the night of completion, and entered into the London Short Film Festival 2014.
The theme of Bestival is HMS Bestival, and I've chosen to make a retelling of the Little Mermaid. Less Walt Disney; more faithful to the original Hans Christian Anderson. But with one significant difference.
What We Need & What You Get
To make this project come to life, I need to raise £1,000. This will be spent on:
- Camera (and insurance)
- Food and drink for cast and crew
- And some fabulous aquatic costumes
- For donations over £300: Executive Producer Credit (x2)
- For donations over £150: Name the Captain's Ship (x1)
- For donations over £100: Name the Sea Captain (x1)
- For donations over £100: Name the Maid (x1)
- For donations over £50: A fabulous sea creature costume (x6)
- For donations over £20: A bespoke postcard and a signed script (no limit)
My Previous Short Films
I've directed a number of short films, including Something Old, which we shot with a full professional cast and crew, right down to Bad Romance, a zero-budget music video for innocent drinks' Glee club. You can check them both out below.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you're coming to the festival and would like to be involved, or know anyone else who is, we're shooting from the afternoon of Thursday 5 September to midday on Friday 6 September.
You can also help by sharing this campaign and video across your social networks.
Thanks you for reading this, and I hope you enjoyed the video.