Click on the picture to watch the original pledge video:
And here are some new pledge rewards for you:
Become a producer! Check out the various producer credits on the right.
You can buy now the original hoodie Jade Xu wore during the shoot for 'Peace Enforcer Jade'! Check out the webisode here: http://youtu.be/uR77N1PYPYQ
Click on the picture to see the enlarged poster you are getting.
Old pledge awards, new photos:
Imagine the Berlin Wall never fell...
Imagine West Berlin became a self-sufficient, isolated city-state...
Imagine this city having no contact with the known world for three decades.
Imagine the “Inner District”...
It’s 2020. Berlin has been sealed-off from the rest of the continent for thirty years as Maya Fuchs, heir apparent, casts the Inner District into chaos when she abdicates the throne to investigate the sudden disappearance of her father, the city-state’s divine leader.
Maya realizes she must choose to be the person of destiny incumbent upon her family name. She must make the inexorable turn towards the job at hand and become that person she was always intended to be...
As part of the project we are producing pre-release webisodes. Meet The Inner District. 'Scapegoat' Part I & II (Part III will be released very soon):
Part I: http://youtu.be/X2C5a2wUtlk
Part II: http://youtu.be/oUrN1KziCAI
Who are we?
Juliane Block (Director/Producer) has devoted the rest of her known natural life to the universe of independent film. Happiest when shooting her own pictures, she descends into chronic withdrawal if she detaches herself from the indie film mothership for too long.
Adam Daniel Mezei (Screenwriter/Producer) is the ballast anchoring Juliane's fantastic plastic machine to Earth. Adam plays to his strengths when making sober evaluations of a film's business prospects which help it become profitable. When he's channeling his inner scribe, three things help him achieve a state of Nirvana: a good cuppajoe, a gel pen (0.7mm), and a fat sheaf of A4.
The Inner District typifies a new way to shoot, finance, and self-release budget-irrelevant independent pictures which embody a strong entrepreneurial DIY spirit.
We plan on releasing a slate of projects over the immediate short-term along similar lines.
As such, we are on the active lookout for like-minded collaborators to put Berlin on the indie map and ally forces in a new local film collective according to this philosophy.
Simply put: the more we can bolster the global good of indie film, the better!
How we met:
Twitter. Proof positive that social media has real-world applications.
Meet us @
Why we're doing this?
Juliane and Adam were outsiders to the Spree metropolis and the possibility of shooting a film in the city intrigued the hell out of them both.
Berlin, given its controversial pedigree, was like catnip to these two filmmakers. “I just loved how Berlin was rife with conflict,” Juliane would later say. “As a filmmaker this was prime narrative territory.” That Juliane was German had no bearing on the matter either. “Berlin was the quintessential anti-Germany for almost all Germans. For me, personally, I was actually looking for somewhere I could be in my own cultural milieu, but shoot a film in English for greater international acceptance.”
Adam, meanwhile, lived in a post-Communist context for several years back in Prague, but the concept of being in a place which was once the epicenter of the world’s most intractable political problems was intriguing. “I loved the idea that one wrong move could have resulted in catastrophe for globe. In doing TheInner District I thought, what if we could toy with the notion that Berlin’s division still existed? What if the Wall never fell, how then would the city look?” Age that fictional city by a couple of decades, add a regal twist and — voila! — The Inner District was born.
Here's we’re using the funds for:
- Pre-release webisodes: the first of which goes live during this campaign. We intend on shooting two follow-up ‘sodes which cost 1,000 EUR apiece, 2,000 EUR total, for equipment and craft services (because everybody smiles when their belly is full and full stomachs bring our director untold joy).
- Since Adam lives in Toronto and we’re shooting in Berlin -- not to mention Adam has already blown his airmiles during development -- we need to regularly get him here somehow. We thought about the merchant marine, but he'd probably get here long after principal photography wrapped. Rest assured at 2,500 EUR, divvied up between multiple purposes, he won't be flying business class, if he does in fly. Imagine those 500 EUR of yours being prudently spent...
What happens if we exceed our funding target?
- FIRST PRIORITY → top pro equipment for the main feature shoot.
- Airfare, travel incidentals, per diems, and accommodation fees for a possible international casting drive.
- To hire a venue, feed, entertain, and run a proper casting session.
- Film festival submission fees, banked for post-production.
- Fees for our sound designer and soundtrack artists, who are presently working for coffee and donuts.
- A donations kitty for other worthy crowdfunding campaigns to help them reach their targets.
- Possible travel for Juliane to Toronto for festival appearances and other professional development activities related to that city.
- Restaurant expenses for entertaining higher-caliber cast and crew.
- International dubbing and subtitling fees.
- Slicker graphic design and website coding for a super performant website.
- Sophisticated color grading.
- To hire a second editor to take a second pass of the edit before we go to picture lock and final cut.
- To pay interns who will be assisting on our set for free.
- To pay production coordinators and other below-the-line staff who won’t be paid unless we run a surplus.
- Fees for our webisode coordinators who are presently working strictly for credit.
- To hire a behind-the-scenes and still photographer to take higher caliber and quality photos for us.
- To hire a PMD/Producer of Marketing and Distribution to bring audience engagement to a whole new level.
- To rent venues for proper live event screenings to help us grow our audience more rapidly.
- possible Google and Facebook ads.
- to turn in a proper EPK.
- and more...
The Inner District will be shot in English for an international audience.
NOTE: Any of the perks can be modified, changed, downsized or otherwise customized. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details, but we'll aim to fill any request as best as we can.
Whenever we refer to Adam Daniel Mezei/PMD, we're of course referring to this site (for pledge rewards 50 and 1,000 EUR).