Hi, my name is Paul Davis and I am a writer/director in LA. I'm about to make my second feature film and am here on Indiegogo to raise some much needed funds. Here's a link to the trailer for our first movie:
This campaign is essential because the money we will hopefully raise will allow us to make this film without having to cut corners. We are proud of the script and want it to reach its full potential.
Your contributions, big or small, are truly helping SO MUCH. We need all we can get and we are so grateful for anything you can contribute!
Synopsis of Film
While living in an isolated farmhouse during the winter, a young married couple have their lives and relationship torn apart after the wife suffers from an unexplainable stroke. Soon after she returns from the hospital, strange things begin happening in their home as the wife gradually becomes more and more detached from their relationship and reality. Unable to leave his wife who is unwilling to leave the house, the husband begins to see people (and things) on their remote property. As the ghostly sightings and demonic attacks begin to mount up, the husband is forced to face the terrifying events that are taking place in their home. He must soon find a way to escape the house with his wife before the evil inside consumes them both.
What We Need & What You Get
We are trying to raise $12,000, which is traditionally a modest amount to fund an entire feature. Fortunately, we are partnering with a film production company in Wichita that is supplying most of the equipment. However, we still need to pay cast and other crew members, provide food and travel expenses, cover post-production costs, as well as pay for the makeup/prosthetic effects that will be featured in the film.
In return for your contributions, we are offering some great incentives! The perks range from little things like hand written letters expressing our gratitude, all the way up to producer credit on the film (as well as a wide variety of awesome swag in between).
After the campaign is over, we will be sending out follow up emails, asking you to confirm mailing addresses, t-shirt sizes, etc.
We truly love horror films, and we know that we can make a great one that audiences will love as well. We have so much passion and energy for this project and with your help we can bring it to life. We need your help and know that this is a project you can be proud of having had a hand in.
Other Ways You Can Help
ANY amount helps! Even if you can't contribute monetarily, we still need help spreading the word! Tell your friends, re-post the link, like the video, tweet, text and talk about our campaign to anyone who will listen to help us reach as many people as possible. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Can We Exceed Our Indiegogo Goal?
Absolutely! In fact it would be AMAZING if we did because exceeding our goal would help make the film that much better. We would be able to pay people the amount they deserve instead of the amount that they are willing to work for. We would also be able to hire more crew to help get the film finished.
Films Referenced in the Video
(There were so many other great horror films that we wanted to pay tribute to, but alas, we only had so much time)
1. Dracula (1931, Tod Browning)
2. Halloween (1978, John Carpenter)
3. Psycho (1960, Alfred Hitchcock)
4. Let The Right One In (2008, Tomas Alfredson)
5. Rosemary's Baby (1968, Roman Polanski)
6. Eyes Without A Face (1960, Georges Franju)
7. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974, Tobe Hooper)
8. Dawn of the Dead (1978, George A. Romero)
9. Friday the 13th (franchise)
10. 1408 (2007, Mikael Hafstrom)
11. Poltergeist (1982, Tobe Hooper)
12. Alien (1979, Ridley Scott)
13. Silence of the Lambs (1991, Jonathan Demme)
14. Jaws (1975, Steven Speilberg)
15. Night of the Living Dead (1968, George A. Romero)
16. The Exorcist (1973, William Friedkin)
17. Signs (2002, M. Night Shyamalan)
18. The Omen (1976, Richard Donner)
19. Freaks (1932, Tod Browning)
20. Aliens (1986, James Cameron)
21. The Sixth Sense (1999, M. Night Shaymalan)
22. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984, Wes Craven)
23. The Fly (1986, David Cronenberg)
24. IT (1990, Tommy Lee Wallace)
25. The Blair Witch Project (1999, Myrick & Sanchez)
26. Scream (1996, Wes Craven)
27. Sleepaway Camp (1983, Robert Hiltzik)
28. The Mist (2007, B&W director's cut, Frank Darabont)
29. Audition (1999, Takashi Miike)
30. An American Werewolf in London (1981, John Landis)
31. The Ring (2002, Gore Verbinski)
32. The Shining (1980, Stanley Kubrick)
34. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978, Philip Kaufman)
35. Frankenstein (1931, James Whale)
Team on This Campaign: