We created The Gripster so you have more ways to train!
After seeing the various ways that rock climbers train to get stronger we decided that there was room for development, so we created The Gripster.
The Gripster has been in development now for over two years. We have created many different versions and done a lot research and testing. Many knowledgeable and experienced climbers have provided feedback about our shapes and we have adjusted them accordingly. Now that we have some great shapes locked down we are ready to share them with all the climbers out there who are psyched to find new ways to train.
- The Gripster was designed by Mike White who currently resides in Berkeley CA.
- The Gripster started out as a passion project, but after much encouragement from various climbers who loved it, we decided to share it with the climbing community at large.
- The contributions from this campaign will go towards our first production scale order, without this capital we would never be able to share The Gripster at a reasonable price.
We are really excited to be here on IndieGoGo and any contribution you can provide to get this project off the ground will be deeply appreciated.
We Need capital for our first order, you get The Gripster
The fabrication of equipment like this is extremely time consuming and labour intensive:
- We need to create many silicon molds to be able to deliver a quality product in sufficient time and quantities.
- Each mold is made from a master shape that has been CNC Routed and hand finished.
- If we don't reach our desired goal we will still be able to fulfil the orders we do get.
A Project of Passion
Mike White started developing The Gripster over two years ago. He has spent a lot of his free time on this project and poured a large amount of his own personal savings into its development. If we can get The Gripster off the ground with this IndieGoGo project it will make all his hard work worthwhile, and he will also be really really happy!
- The Grispster is a great training tool and there are endless possibilities and variations of how it can be used for training.
- The Gripster is suitable to training at home, in the gym or while traveling.
- A home spun maker project, The Gripster was developed at TechShop SF using CNC Routers, Laser cutters and many of the wood shop tools.
Other Ways You Can Help
Maybe you're not able to contribute at the moment, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help:
- If you know any climbers then share our project with them on Facebook or Twitter, Its easy, just use the Indiegogo share tools!
The Gripster, The Chunkster and The Globester come in five colors. Please note, due to variations in different batches of resin, temperature and humidity levels its not always possible to get an exact color match on each product. Keep in mind that each of our products are hand made. We will always do everything we can to get the colors right but please be aware that due to these variables some batches may come out with variations in tone.
Thanks for checking out our campaign and thank you for your contributions!
Owner and Inventor