October 12th Fringe Benefit Cancelled
A Letter from PHX:fringe Interim Board Chair Liz Warren:
Over the next few months we will be taking a good hard look at the festival and its future. The board members are committed to providing opportunities for independent performance art in Phoenix.
PHX:fringe festival was founded in 2008 by a group of artists and producers with a shared vision for the importance of small-venue, live performance in downtown Phoenix, AZ.
PHX:fringe strives to be the link between artist and audience. We create structure and space for emerging and established artists to make great work and share it with the community.
In our first five years, PHX:fringe has hosted five multi-venue theatre festivals featuring local, national, and international performing artists. We've engaged thousands of audience members and collaborated with performance venues across the downtown Phoenix area. PHX:fringe was named Best Theatre Festival by the 2011 Phoenix New Times Best in Phoenix Awards.
Finding our Edge: The NEW PHX:fringe
Now, five years in, we’re at a crossroads. In order for PHX:fringe to continue, we need to grow into a truly sustainable arts organization. We are re-thinking everything about the festival, about what PHX:fringe is and should be in the Phoenix community. We're finding our new edge of experimentation, of great art, of pushing the limits, of creating an inclusive, high-quality, totally crazy theatre and performance festival.
PHX: fringe is undergoing a significant shift in vision and organizational structure over the next year. We are:
- Moving the festival from March to October.
- Developing programming that creates space for exciting performative artistry year-round in Phoenix through a series of performance events that take place outside the festival calendar. (Stay tuned for our first project in January 2013!)
- Building PHX:fringe into a sustainable arts organization that truly supports and creates space for artists to make great work.
- Envisioning and implementing a strategic plan that makes PHX:fringe accessible to artists and audiences across our community and beyond.
- Debuting a BRAND NEW, totally re-imagined, PHX:fringe festival in October 2013.
HERE'S WHERE YOU COME IN:
We need to raise $5,000 to launch the NEW PHX:fringe.
We have from NOW until October 12th to raise this money.
We're ending the campaign with a GIANT Kickoff party to launch us into our new future.
The Fringe Benefit: Playing on the Edge
Friday October 12th 2012 from 8pm-11pm at Children's Museum of Phoenix
This adults only play-themed party celebrates our new commitment to playing the edge of live performance. The event will feature:
- Live performances by amazing local artists including musicians, theatre artists, dance artists, DJs, spoken word artists, and more!
- A multi-media scavenger hunt with prizes
- Adult beverages
- Delicious (and daring) food
- All varieties of edgy fun and games at the Children's museum. At night. With no children.
By supporting our funding campaign with a donation of $20 or more, YOU get entry to The Fringe Benefit: Playing on the Edge!!
Your donation is tax deductible, minus the value of your reward.
Thank you for supporting the NEW EDGE of PHX:fringe.
We're excited to play with you on October 12th!