- Are you one of the millions with hearing loss and without a solution?
- Do you know a loved one who suffers from hearing loss and is unaware, in denial, or refuses to pay for an over-priced hearing aid?
- Quality hearing aids are customized in clinics and are outrageously expensive -- costing thousands of dollars
- Cheap hearing aids that you order online or by mail are notoriously ineffective.
iHEAR HD is the world’s first high quality invisible hearing aid that you customize and fine-tune at home for $199, saving you time and thousands of dollars.
Get an IHEAR HD for yourself or a loved one. For every iHEAR HD you order, we donate one to an economically disadvantaged individual.
The patented iHEAR device—the size and weight of a kidney bean—fits discretely and safely inside your ear. The innovative seal tip provides a comfortable fit and superior sound delivery for exceptional hearing experience. The iHEAR HD device is 100% digital technology and programmable for a broad range of hearing loss types including flat, reverse slopes, high frequency, mild, moderate to moderately-severe losses. It is not suitable for severe or profound losses.
The first online hearing aid system
Using our online tools, our new approach delivers a high quality, invisible in-the-ear hearing device directly to your home at a fraction of the cost. While most hearing aids cost well over $1000, the iHEAR device is priced at only $199.
Simple 1-2-3 process:
- The iHEAR Test Kit (USB device, included with every hearing device order) is shipped to you for an online home hearing test.
- The iHEAR HD (invisible hearing device) is shipped to you for an individualized fitting.
- Using our online tools, you manage the entire fitting process with your personal computer.
Test your hearing with our iHEAR Home Test Kit, which is included with every hearing device ordered. The iHEAR Test Kit can also be ordered separately for $49 to test yourself, a friend or a family member.
Remotely control your hearing device while worn inside the ear. You can store the iHEAR device within the tool kit when it is not being used. Included with your hearing device order!
Online hearing questionnaire: click here
Important information before you order: click here
Here’s how you can help. When you order a hearing device, we donate a hearing device. Hearing For All is a campaign led by iHEAR Medical and the Hearing For All foundation to donate up to 1,000 hearing aids to the economically disadvantaged, who make up 40% of the hearing loss population in the US.
For more information on the Hearing for All foundation, please visit HearingForAll.org
iHEAR in the Press
An Affordable Hearing Aid with a Social Mission
Plan and Project Timeline:
We currently have fully functional pre-production units for the iHEAR Device and the iHEAR Test. Our core software technology for iHEAR Test and iHEAR Fitting is functional, with limited clinical testing, but needs integration and refining before commercialization. We have functional hardware and software and currently awaiting FDA approval (510K application filed in 2013) for the iHEAR Test product. High precision plastic tooling and intricate manufacturing processes are required before further testing and shipping ensues. Further integration and testing of the web services and applications are needed. It will take about 3-4 months following the conclusion of our Indiegogo campaign to complete and begin shipping orders.
- Order injection molding tooling for the iHear device (left and right device parts) and the casing for the iHearTest kit.
- Begin integration and testing of iHear web applications.
- Set up pilot production operation in our San Leandro California office.
- Design retail packaging for the iHear device and iHearTest products.
- Receive samples (first article) of injection molded parts for iHear device and the iHearTest kit.
- Begin delivering iHEAR HF headphone orders.
- Bench test products with injection molded parts.
- Set up technical support operation.
- Perform user testing of iHEAR device and iHEAR Test with injection molded parts.
- Apply to 15-20 test subjects.
- Begin shipping of iHEAR Test Kit. Ship 100 kits.
- Finalize user testing and packaging for iHEAR device product with 15-20 subjects.
- Deliver 100 iHear devices to Early Bird backers who paid only $149/device. What a deal!
- Gradually fulfill orders from the Indiegogo campaign by year end and on first-order first-ship basis.
- Fulfill donation commitments for Hearing For All program. Remember, Get One-Give One!
- Notify donors of receipt of their donations.
- Support our growing customer base.
- Refine our web-enabled hearing aid system.
- Celebrate the launch of iHear products, the first affordable high quality hearing aid system.
We are a California-based medical device startup with the goal of creating affordable high quality hearing solutions. Our mission is to make hearing aids accessible to all, including those who cannot afford paying anything.
iHear Medical is founded by Adnan Shennib who founded and led the development of major Silicon Valley firms. Shennib holds over 100 US and International patents, issued and pending. Shennib’s innovations have received major recognition including the Medical Device Excellence Award, and were featured in major media outlets including CNN, New York Times, Dr Oz Show, USA Today and Inc. Magazine. iHear Medical is Shennib’s latest venture dedicated to creating affordable and accessible hearing aid solutions for consumers.
We specialize in medical electronics, acoustics, ultra-miniature electronics, and software-based system design. For over 20 years, our team has demonstrated exceptional track record in creating novel hearing solutions. We led and launched several successful hearing aid companies from scratch. We are passionate about what we do, and dedicated to solving complex technology and marketing challenges. We have filed 18 patent applications so far for iHear Medical.
The Hearing Industry
The industry is currently dominated by 6 major players who control over 90% of the market. The industry has operated in the "old business" model of high-cost high-margin service which has not served consumers well, as evidence by the fact only 22% of people with hearing loss have a solution, compared to over 95% of people with vision problems have corrective solutions. We are about to challenge and lead an industry that refuses to change. The iHear products are expected to create a new paradigm in hearing health care, by removing the major barriers to hearing aid acquisition; cost, access and visibility.
Use of Funds
We've built over 100 prototypes to date, conducted clinical testing with about 30 people for the iHEAR device and the iHearTest. We’ve figured out the supply chain which includes partners in the US, Europe and Asia. We need your help to go to the next level of production. We've led product development and launched several generations of hearing products from concept to IPO and acquisition. We know exactly what is required to make this a success and you are getting in early, getting a premium product ahead of everyone else, and helping other people hear the world around them.
We’re asking your help to support our innovation which creates affordable hearing solutions, and to make Hearing For All a reality.