"The Deal" is a thrilling short film produced by Adirondack Mogul. Mogul is a film and writing organization which uses local talent and resources for creative projects. Your contribution will help to "seal the deal" and make it your own. You will be contributing to the local economy, the arts, and taking part in an exciting process.
- Adirondack Mogul is a regional production company.
- We believe in the power of local artists and visionaries to make their dreams a reality.
- Your contribution will help get our first film - conceived of, crewed, cast and filmed locally - from the "almost finished" stages to the complete, ready-to-view end goal.
We can't do it without you.
What We Need & What You Get
Here's the deal broken down in more detail:
- We need $3,000. The movie has already been scripted, cast, and shot. Now, it is in postproduction, being edited to perfection. This is by far the most timely and costly part of the process. Hard drive space, data crunching, transfer from digital to beta, ADR, special effects, pick-up shots, sound sweetening, blu-ray export, cast & crew out-of-pocket expenses and more are required to complete the project.
- YOU become part of that process, get your name in the credits, get a copy of the film or maybe a producer credit -and more- depending on your level of contribution. You become a movie maker.
- If the entire goal is not met, the funds will still go towards all postproduction costs, exhibition, and marketing expenses.
In today's world we're embattled by the mega-corporation. Massive movie studios, publishers, retailers, and financial coporations regularly thwart small business and can leech character and livelihood from our communities. In the midst of the battle, artists and innovators are forming a new model of how we create and share art, and you are a crucial part of that democratic process.
- "The Deal" is a morality tale, examining the way we often live beyond our means, and how that may corrupt us. The project is beyond frivolous entertainment; this is the collective artistic expression of writers, actors and crafts people.
- Adirondack Mogul has already successfully helped out with events and projects which are bringing Hollywood to the hometown, reducing wastes, costs, and involving local businesses and people.
- This is the way of the future. With already inflated budgets for Hollywood films, a need to protect our environment, nurture our artists, and foster local economic opportunities, you have a key role in the new and exciting way these projects are produced.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean they can’t help:
- If you absolutely cannot contribute, please help us Get the word out and make some noise about this campaign.
- You can use the easy Indiegogo share tools! - every bit helps!
And that’s The Deal.