THIS JUST IN: CHECK THE GALLERY FOR A NEW VIDEO!Dan & Todd discuss the funding campaign and the individual milestones while drinking. A lot.
Look Up In The Sky!
In the wake of a teammate's career-ending injury, the world's foremost super team, The Power Posse, must navigate office politics and leverage their merchandising potential to appease their corporate sponsors. When the corporate honchos promise to shift the team management paradigm, is it just a warning or is Super Star's status as team leader in jeopardy? Is this Ultrafemme's chance to take over leadership at last? Will Death-Wish's conspiracy theories prove true? Will Aguaman ever be taken off the injured reserve list? Will The Quick put down his coffee? Will Receiver get her chance in the field? And will Shield Maiden stop texting for just one damn minute?
It's A Bird!
The Collectibles is a comedy web series. It's Super Friends meets The Office in a multi-pronged parody of costumed crimefighters, pseudo-documentary sitcoms, office politics and corporate endorsements. The 10 episodes of Season 1 follow the members of The Power Posse as they struggle to fight injustice (who gets blamed for the injury), to right that which is wrong (with their approval ratings), and to serve all mankind (and the interests of CorpCo, Inc.)
In addition to the pilot (seen above), episodes 2 and 3 are shot and being edited. The remaining 7 episodes are being written and pre-production is gearing up. We will be shooting the full season whether by hook or by crook. But The Power Posse needs your help!
It's A Plane!
Forty-two *%@! thousand dollars? Holy Crap! You guys are asking for a lot of money. Why the <bleep> do you need that much? Excellent question. (But could you tone down the cursing a little?) In essence, we are creating 10 separate 10 minute short films. $4,200 for a short film is not that much at all. Every member of the cast and crew worked on on spec, believing we could raise the money to pay them. Please don't make liars out of us!
Listed below is the breakdown of how we will pay out the money depending on what funding level we reach. (All numbers include room for the fees and costs taken by IndieGoGo and payment processing)
- $4,100 - reimburses expenses already paid. (Costume and prop creation, equipment costs, food and drink on set, etc. By the by, we were able to secure low or no cost options on a number of items like location and food.)
- $10,000 - covers the above plus pays cast and crew for episodes already shot. (11 cast and 12 crew paid on a per episode basis. The salary is the same for both cast and crew. It is more than a stipend but much less than a union wage.)
- $19,000 - covers all of the above plus pays expenses for remaining episodes. (Much of the heavy lifting has already been done in terms of art department creations, but there are still guest star costumes and props to be created, equipment rental and yet more food and drink for hungry cast and crew. We are counting on again obtaining low and no cost options for some needs.)
- $34,000 - covers all of the above plus pays salaries for cast and crew for remaining episodes. (The biggest single ticket item. We are paying the same per episode rate as before. And, we are budgeting for increasing crew members from 12 to 14 so we are not so tight on set. Also, we are allowing for several guest stars in addition to the core cast.)
- $42,000 - covers all of the above plus pays producing team salaries. (That's right, we the producers will not receive salaries unless everyone else is paid first. And so you know, each member of the producing team doubled in at least one other crew capacity and is NOT drawing a crew salary for that work.)
Also, the first three episodes were made in part through sponsorships by great local companies including Top Pot Doughnuts, Arc Media, Emerald City ComicCon, Kirby Krackle and La Crepiere Voila. All of these fantastic sponsors gave "in kind" contributions, whether food or drink or shooting space or license to music. We can use more of the same with the remaining episodes. If you are interested in an "in kind" contribution, please contact us. We'd be happy to work with you.
It's The Collectibles!
As for the rest of you, please feel free to give freely. If you simply cannot give, please spread the word! Share the laughter! Spread the super hero goodness! Use the share features above and comment here (comment activity can help drive our visibility on this site) and help The Power Posse save the day.