The Chronic Rift Network started as a public access show in New York over twenty years ago. The show featured news, reviews, interviews, and discussion on many different aspects of science fiction, fantasy, horror, and comic art. The show aired for four years. Five years ago, The Chronic Rift returned as a pop culture podcast with many of the original members of the crew taking part in this new version. Over the years, the show has grown and become a network of podcasts, all with the desire to find the culture in pop culture.
What We Need & What You Get
For five years, the network has never asked its listeners for anything, other than their listening appreciation. And it's been great, but we have come to a point where we do need our listener's help in order to continue the network. We will shortly be switching to Libsyn, a great resource for podcasters that will give us a better idea of who our audience is and will ensure that the network has a stable home. We are asking you, whether you are a fan of a particular show or shows of of the network as a whole, to consider helping us. We need $2000 in order to maintain the network feeds for the next year. This money will not only keep your favorite shows in circulation, but it will also allow the network to premiere new shows in the months ahead.
We have a few incentives, besides getting great podcasts for another year, for those of you who contribute to this intiative:
- $5 - Record a bumper that will be used on either The Chronic Rift or Cyborgs: A Bionic Podcast
- $10 - A USB drive with classic episodes of the podcast currently not available for download
- $20 - Choice of selected classic Star Trek novels
- $25 - An opportunity to appear on any of the following shows: The Chronic Rift, Presenting the Transcription Feature, Cyborgs: A Bionic Podcast
- $30 - Novelizations of Star Trek: The Motion Picture and Star Trek The Wrath of Khan
- $40 - Choice of set of three Star Trek Log books
- $50 - Season one of the classic Chronic Rift public access show on DVD
- $75 - Appear in a special episode of Cyborgs: A Bionic Podcast where four fans will get to discuss the two bionic series with hosts John and Paul.
- $100 - Seasons one and two of the classic Chronic Rift public access show on DVD
- $150 - Seasons 1-3 of the classic Chronic Rift public access show on DVD
- $200 - Seasons 1-4 of the classic Chronic Rift public access show on DVD (Fourth season will not be available until summer of next year.)
Your donation, from $5 (which will cover a show like Dead Kitchen Radio or Generations Geek for one month) to $75 (which will cover the network feed of shows for one month) will help to continue our journey of podcasting excellence with each and every one of you.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you can't help monetarilly at the moment, would you mind please posting this on your Facebook page, Twitter feed, and Tumblr account to name a few areas of social media. Getting the word out there will help us as more and more people discover we need help at this time.
Our thanks for reading and considering this and we hope you will be able to help.