This tour film is about cultural bridge builing featuring a band from the US and a band from Lebanon. There are other guests from Egypt, Dubai and Tunis playing as well. Music is our medicine.
What we need
The funds we are rasing here are for travel expenses for the film crew. This tour was always conceived of as a film like Woodstock that could bring the excitement of the event to people around the world for years after the event. Travel to the Middle East is expensive and we are also purchasing 4 Go Pro Cameras to use so that the audience is close up to all the events and we are hiring a local production manager who can help us get through all the red tape that a trip like this involves.
- Travel alone is $15,000.
- The production manager is $7,000 for the three weeks.
- Four Go Pros are $1000.
- Food and lodging.
This film will have an impact all over the world. I know this because:
- Music has always been one of the most important ways people have been able to bridge differences. Bringing people together through music has had lasting effects in the past and it will this time as well!
- Keven Barnes from Of Montreal has been quoted more than once that my film Athens, GA/Inside-Out made him believe he could be a musician, Janeane Garofalo has said similar things over the years as has Neko Case, and many others. We can do the same thing with this film!
- The Black Lips are one of the best live acts around. Their new album will again be produced by Mark Ronson and they have played festivals all over the world.
- Our hosts in Beirut, Lazzy Lung, are well connected. I have worked on RayBan spots with the band.
- I taught film in Iraq in 2007 and 2008. Those students went on to make films that went on to play festivals around the world. I know and love the region.
- The region is one of the most exciting places in the world right now.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help:
- Please ask folks to get the word out and make some noise about your campaign and use the Indiegogo share tools!
- Help us bring PEACE, LOVE and UNDERSTANDING to the Middle East, the US and around the world! Tweet, Share, Tmble, Instagram, do anything you can.
That’s all there is to it.