Be a Part of Climbing History
Since 1995, the Tallahassee Rock Gym has been a community space fostered by local climbers coming together and pooling all their resources to build the initial framework, and continually improve, the legacy of Florida's oldest climbing-dedicated gym.
In May 2012, a humble yet mammoth project was undertaken by a small handful of dedicated climbers at Tallahassee Rock Gym. After acquiring additional warehouse space next to our climbing facility, we began constructing an enormous bouldering extension - an entirely grassroots effort that has involved countless hours of volunteer work, trips to the hardware store, and an endless supply of blood, sweat, and tears.
What We Need & What You Get
We've emptied our pockets to purchase the lumber and hardware needed to construct six towering walls - and now we need you to dig into your pockets to help us with the final step of this massive renovation: the flooring.
By contributing to this fundraiser, you are becoming a vital part of the Tallahassee Rock Gym family's history. From the construction of "The Trap" in 2005 to today's unprecedented expansion, Tallahassee Rock Gym has dedicated itself to providing local and visiting climbers with the best facilities and most challenging indoor terrain we could provide. Everything we do is for you, the climber.
Whether you're a current member of the FSU Climbing Club, or are of a bygone generation that has moved on to life's greater callings, you are a part of the TRG family - and we need you.
What does it mean to contribute?
- You're leaving a permanent mark on Tallahassee Rock Gym, these renovations are yours forever.
- You're helping TRG remain a haven for climbers of future generations.
- You're supporting your favorite small local business, and ensuring that our doors will remain open for years to come.
- You're demonstrating what the climbing community is all about.
Other Ways You Can Help
It's no secret that climber folk aren't always the most financially endowed, so we understand that not everyone who loves Tally Rock Gym can contribute monetarily - but that doesn't mean you can't help us make a difference.
Here's how you can help spread the word:
- SHARE, SHARE, SHARE! Post the link to our fundraiser on your Facebook, tweet about it, pin it to your Pinterest boards. Help us raise awareness about the campaign.
- Connect your networks. Share this campaign with other climbers, your local climbing community, family, and friends.
Team on This Campaign:
Director of Social Affairs