I'm a game developer from Croatia trying to make the biggest and most ambitious project of my life a reality. I am currently studying graphic design, but making games has always been my life's goal. I'm completely broke (like the rest of this fair country) and need your help.
Tainted Fate will be a first person survival horror adventure for PC and MAC (if neoaxis engine gets Linux support by the time the game comes out, then Linux too).
I opted for Flexible Funding (I get the money even if I don't reach the goal) because I'm in a really tight spot and could use anything you contribute. 1500$ is the bare minimum I need to fulfill my vision of what the game will be.
Why only 1500$ for a whole game?
Because I tried getting 3000$ and failed. I hope I'll have more luck this time and I sencirely think the game is worth it. The 1500$ will all go into a new PC rig for development.
What's this game going to be like?
Played in first person, it immerses you into a dynamic story that depends on your decisions featuring two protagonists in different timelines on the same island.
Escape horrifying monsters, solve puzzles and make decisions that will alter yourself and the shape of the world.
The first storyline set in the 1940's follows a man convicted of murder and sent off to the island for the rest of his life. Soon after being dropped off, strange things start to happen as you explore the island, later developing into a story full of mystery, arcane magic twisted with technology and terrifying hostile beings.
The second storyline is set in 2012 and features a young female amateur filmmaker that investigates sites with supposed paranormal activity. Upon hearing about the long abandoned island filled with stories about magic and ghosts, she immediately leaves for the island to film the most terrifying film of her life.
Tainted Fate is being developed in NeoAxis engine and uses the latest effects like Depth Of Field, SSAO, FXAA and Light Scattering to create an immersive and atmospheric world for you to plunge into.
- There will be dialogues with spooky characters.
- There will be fun physics puzzles.
- There will be completely different chapters and endings based on what you choose to do.
- There will be secrets and cheat codes. Oldschool.
- Tainted Fate will be DRM-free and completely moddable with a map and resource editor included with every purchase
- There will be a bunch of things I can't think of right now!
- And most importantly, you will be scared :D
Why should you give me money?
- Because the game will be awesome, innovative, scary and even funny
- Because you're helping a young man achieve his lifelong dream of becoming a real game developer.
- This is not my first game (check out SickBrick)so you know I'm capable of accomplishing the task of finishing and releasing a game. The game is already under heavy development and, with your help, I aim to keep it that way all the way to the gold release.
- Listen to some of the music from the guy that will make the soundtrack. This removed my fears about the soundtrack not being immersive enough.
- It's NOT built in Unreal Engine 3 or Unity, so it looks and feels different from most indie games these days. In case you're wondering, it's being built in NeoAxis, an underrated AAA quality-capable engine.
- You're not really giving me money. You're investing in an awesome future-product ;)
$2000 - Digital Camera for better textures
$2500 - Return To Island game mode
If I manage to get $1000 more than the original goal, I will make a new game mode that will unlock after passing the original campaign.
This game mode will be similair to Resident Evil's Mercenaries mode. The whole island will be unlocked for runnin' and gunnin', you'll have big-ass guns, thrash metal will be playing, the clock will be ticking and every kill you make will give you more seconds. At the end of a round you will be able to see your score and maybe even compare it to other's online.
If Tainted Fates' main campaign was a movie, it would be a psychological horror flick. This game mode would be a full-on slasher film.
$3500 - The introductions get full comic book treatment
The "introductions" to the characters before their respective campaigns start were imagined as just voice-over with a black screen or static image. With $1000 more I can pay my art guy friend man Karlo to draw every scene from the intro in a gritty comic book style.
$5000 - A Tainted Fate tie in game for Android!
1500$ more should be enough for 2 or three high and low end Android devices, I'll make a Tainted Fate spin-off survival horror game for Android devices. It will explain more of the story, have touchy-touch controls and puzzles and some splendid-ass graphics. It won't be first person, because I find firs person games are not the perfect fit for smartphones and tablets (no buttons, man.). It will probably be from a semi top-down perspective (think Diablo).
More strech goals will be revealed if more than $5000 is achieved.
Other Ways You Can Help
I know some of you just can't contribute. You're too young to have a credit card, you're broke (like me) or you just don't want to give away money for an awesome future-game. Here's how you can help:
- You can share this campaign on social networking sites and get the existence of it known to all your firends and enemies.
- You can buy SickBrick (my first game) on Desura or any other online store and support me that way. It's available for Windows and Mac.
- You can send me an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) telling me that you'll buy the game if it gets good reviews after release, or just a thank you for being awesome and making games.
That's it! Hope you throw a buck my way and most importantly, hope you enjoy the game when it comes out.
Images I didn't know where to put inside the text, but I wanted to show you anyway: