Hi! You know us, we're Miami's Sweat Records. We've been selling music, throwing events and providing resources for the local cultural community since 2005.
We've put on a free block party/music festival called Sweatstock every year since 2010 to celebrate the store's anniversary and Record Store Day. We close down the street next to our shop, take over Churchill's Pub next door, and have a full day of live music, DJs, food trucks and VINYL!
THE REAL DEAL: the last three Sweatstocks were put on with funds from our 2009 Knight Arts Challenge grant and support from a beer company. Our Knight funding period for that is over and the beer company ain't around this year.
Your contributions will help us put on what is one of the only all-ages and free music festivals in South Florida!
What We Need & What You Get
- We are pros at throwing events on the cheap and Sweatstock is no different, but there are unavoidable costs and that's where we need your help.
- Funding is needed to cover all the permitting for the event and the street closure, renting the stagemobile, production (sound, power and lights), security (street closures mandate a minimum amount of police presence), insurance, and sanitation.
- The main perk is the full day of festival happiness itself, but we still have some extra goodies for those who pitch in! Limited edition tees, special parties and more. Keep reading.
Even if we don't reach our entire goal, every cent raised will still go toward making Sweatstock 2013 the best one yet!
We can't do this without you!
You contribution is greatly appreciated AND will also be matched dollar-for-dollar by our 2012 Knight Arts Challenge grant. (You're probably asking "Why can't you use that money?" and the answer is that the 2012 grant is for a different set of projects. As a general rule, Knight doesn't fund the same project over and over again).
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean you can't help!
- Tell your friends! Spread the word about this campaign on FB, Twitter and beyond. Indiegogo has great sharing tools.
- Volunteer at the festival! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to pick up a shift.
Thank you so much for your support and for eight amazing years!
Friendly Local Record Store