*This will not be the final and only funding for Survival Games, instead it is funding to produce the needed materials for a full project on either Kickstarter or IndieGoGo.
To learn more about Survival Games, visit survivalgames.gazidogaming.com
If you'd like to join the discussion about Survival Games and see more FAQ or to submit your suggestions, visit the oficial Survival Games Forums!
What Is Survival Games?Survival Games is a 24 player online FPS where your one goal is to be the last one standing, the way you get to that is up to you. Whether you team up with other tributes or become Liam Neeson in the game, everyone's goal is to survive.
- Strategize: Team up with others or become a lone wolf. Decide whether to run for the loot when the game starts, or head for the hills. You must be one step ahead of your enemies AND your allies.
- Gather: You will need food and water to survive. Hunt or gather food to keep healthy. Collect basic supplies to craft weapons or traps. Anything to help you survive!
- Fight: What’s Hunger Games without fighting? Fight to defend yourself by using a huge assortment of different weapons from bows, to spears, to swords!
- Become the Last One Standing: Outlive all your opponents and become a victor!
- Play online with 23 other human players
- Leaderboards to prove you are a “career tribute”
- Roam around each HUGE environment, but don’t get lost!
- Discover the beauty in every map
- Gather basic supplies to craft weapons or gear to survive
- Gain “sponsor points” by doing simple tasks during each game
- Getting the first kill (500 sp)
- Longshot with a bow (200 sp)
- Two kills within 10 seconds of each other (double kill) (500 sp)
- Picking berries (2 sp)
- Use your sponsor points to buy items during the game that you desperately need
The environments in Survival Games are nothing short of stunning. The maps will be designed and finalized by me to ensure it fits the style of the game. In Hunger Games they have a head game maker. Despite their advanced technology, they still have someone in charge of the games. Their job is to ensure the games are both exciting and interesting for the Capital. They give each game a “human element.” If the game was to use randomly generated maps, that human element wouldn’t be there. Refer to the stretch goals to see more about these maps.
You will have to battle against everything that Mother Nature has in her arsenal. Survival Games will include a variety of climates, each one battling against you in a different way. Light a fire when it’s cold, or find cool water when it’s burning hot. Fight against temperature-induced illnesses to live another day. Don’t be the loser that gets killed because it was too chilly and your mom didn’t tell you to bring your sweater. Buck up, it’s going to get rough out there.
At the start of every game, a stockpile of weapons and supplies will be in the middle of the tributes. These items will be randomized each time the game starts to ensure it is always fair and nobody can memorize where everything is. Items won’t be placed randomly throughout the map. If the stockpile is looted before you get your share, you’ll either have to craft something from scratch or rely on your sponsor points to get you back in the fight.