Thank you very much for your interest in StatWolf! Please take a look at our video pitch (720p resolution is advised; English subtitles are available in the "captions" section). Our website is located at www.statwolf.com. To see some examples (visualization of an UFO sighting dataset!), click here.
We were featured on the press release of the Wall Street Journal: 'Virtual Data Analyst' StatWolf.com Promises to Supercharge Knowledge Extraction
And on Yahoo! Finance as well!
Available subscriptions (perks)
Win a free life subscription!
Comparison of available subscriptions
Risks and challenges
What if the target funding is not reached within the campaign?
Bloggers and journalists
Data is becoming more and more ubiquitous as we get integrated with the technology that surrounds us, to the point that a quite literally tremendous amount of information is floating freely in the air in this very moment.
And while we would like to benefit from the data our systems are continuously generating, we must know that a wide gap exists between the owners of data and the very specific skillset that is required to process it.
Given that, the natural question would be "how can we bring data owners closer to the knowledge contained in their dataset?". And from our answers to that question, the idea of creating a "virtual automatic data analyst" was rapidly born.
StatWolf is a web based platform that allows you to upload and process your own data files (such as spreadsheets, comma separated files, images, audio files, and so on) and helps you to choose the right data mining techniques among a wide library of state of the art methodologies. Additionally, it gives you access to a suite of online editing tools that are optimized for creating interactive documents.
If you have data files and would like to uncover their hidden value, we promise that you will love StatWolf!
In this section, we present the main features that will be implemented in StatWolf.
- Thin client: StatWolf runs within your web browser
- Responsive design: Our web interface has been designed with usability and mobile support in mind
- Focus on powerful editing: we employ the best available libraries to let you create professional interactive documents in your browser
- Multiple drill-down charts: it is extremely easy to explore your data and your results with the multiple layer drill-down and interactive chart capabilities
- Asynchronous job processing: you don't need to stay connected to the website while a very complex and time-intensive job is being calculated; you will be notified when your results are ready
- Find the best techniques: thanks to our recommendation system, you will be guided to choose the techniques that are best suited for your task, even if you don't have specific data mining expertise
- Expertise scalability: if you already have data mining knowledge, you will be able to finely tune the settings of the algorithms
- In the cloud: our distributed server structure is equipped with state of the art load balancing systems and schedulers
- Your documents, always with you: all of your data is hosted by our servers. No need to install anything, ever.
- Data security: we take data sensitivity at heart. Your information will be encrypted and stored in a SAS 70 certified datacenter.
- Computational powerhouse: our server farm will be at your service; we commit to deliver your results as quickly as possible
Data mining portfolioIn this subsection, we present a brief overview of the algorithm classes that will be supported by StatWolf; we attempt to provide (in italic) a simplified explaination for every technique class. Please note that this is just a partial list; if you feel something is missing, we would be delighted to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Statistical hypothesis testing (is this set of data different from this other set of data?)
- Distribution estimation (not everything is Gaussian! How are my data distributed from a probabilistic point of view?)
- Outlier/change/trend detection and Control charts (is there anything "wrong" in my data? Are there anything behaving differently than expected, or drifting?)
- Time series analysis, filtering and forecast (how are my data changing w.r.t time? how will they be tomorrow?)
- Correlation analysis (is there any relationship within my data? Where is it? And how powerful is it?)
- Dimensionality reduction (what are the features and indicators that really matter in my data?)
- Regression analysis and model structure investigation, (how to use my data to predict useful information? What are the relationships between my data and such information?)
- Clustering analysis (how can I group my data? What these groups represent?)
- Classification analysis (which category my data belong? Which variables are more important?)
- Decision trees (which elements compose the strategy most likely to yield the desired outcome?)
- Object recognition, condition detection, character recognition (which information can be recognized and extracted from my images?)
- Text mining, text categorization, concept extraction (how can I extract high-quality information from text sources?)
- Speech recognition, speech to text (how to translate spoken words into usable text?)
|9 December 2013||Alpha version completed||-|
|6 January 2014||Internal testing on Alpha version is finished||-|
|13 January 2014||Closed beta is starting||All backers who bought a subscription will gain free and exclusive access to the closed beta.|
|31 March 2014||Delivery of custom Enteprise perks||-|
|End of March - End of May||Closed beta is ending||1 year subscriptions will start from this date.|
The personal subscription allows you to upload your data files to StatWolf, access all the implemented techniques and result visualizations, and create an unlimited number of jobs, presentations, reports and infographics.
The initial disk quota is 1GB, and can be extended up to 5GB by adding 12$ to your contribution for every extra GB (1$/month/GB).
Additionally, your name will appear in our Funders page.
The current lowest rate for Personal subscription is a mere 18$ (early bird, 1.5$ per month) instead of 50$.
Academic discount special: if you are a university student, PhD student or faculty member, you can get the Personal subscription at the early bird price (18$, 1.5$ per month) for the whole duration of the campaign.
Lifetime special: the possibility to have a lifetime account (for 100$) exists only for the first 30 subscribers of our campaign. It will not be possible to buy a lifetime account after the launch of StatWolf.
The developer subscription includes all the functionalities of personal and gives you access to our WebAPI, that you can use to automate data loading and job calculations, and schedule repeated jobs. Additionally, you will have the possibility to craft your own dashboards.
The initial disk quota is 2GB, and can be extended up to 8GB by adding 12$ to your contribution for every extra GB (1$/month/GB).
Additionally, your name will appear in our Funders page.
The current lowest rate for Developer subscription is 45$ (early bird, 3.75$ per month) instead of 100$.
Lifetime special: for developers, the lifetime subscription (priced 1000$) includes the specification of a custom data format and a custom algorithm that will be made available within StatWolf.
The enterprise subscription includes all of the features of the developer subscription, as well as one custom algorithm and data format, dedicated computational power and a custom dashboard implemented from scratch for your needs.
If you need Big Data solutions with top performances and tailored implementation and assistance, this is the package for you.
The initial disk quota is 100GB, and can be extended to accomodate your needs; if you are not sure whether this will suffice, please contact us at email@example.com to get a quotation.
Additionally, your company will appear in our Partners page.
The current lowest rate for Enterprise subscription is 3000$ (early bird, 250$ per month) instead of 10000$.
- with any personal subscription or developer subscription your name will be listed (along with your website) in a special Funders page;
- with a lifetime developer subscription or enterprise subscription you will be listed (along with your website) in the special Partners page.
Would you like to get a subscription to StatWolf, but you can't contribute right now? If you help us spread voice about the campaign, you have the possibility to win a lifetime subscription! Just follow the instructions:
- If you haven't already, log on to Indiegogo (or connect with your Facebook account).
- Visit our campaign at this link. You will find a "Share" panel right under the pitch video, with your personal sharing URL.
Share your personal link with your friends and on the Internet! You can check how many referrals you got us; in the end, we will reward you with a free subscription based on your referrals. Here is the reward table:
- If at least 5 people get a personal or developer account following your referral link, you get a personal subscription for 1 year.
- If at least 10 people get a personal or developer account following your referral link, you get a developer subscription for 1 year.
- If at least 25 people get a personal or developer account following your referral link, you get a lifetime personal subscription.
- If at least 50 people get a personal or developer account following your referral link, you get a lifetime developer subscription (excluding the custom work).
- Every Enterprise-level or lifetime developer reward assigned through your referral link will give you a lifetime personal subscription.
Note: rewards do not stack with other rewards, but if you have pledged for a perk and won another through the referral contest, write to us; we will increase the duration of your subscription.
Advanced data mining is not an easy skillset to achieve, and yet a much needed one with respect to this endeavor. And of course, this is true also for advanced development skills, software engineering, database administration, and so on.
We can take pride in employing a very diverse human capital, ranging from strongly academic types with PhDs in machine learning to experienced developers and database administrators with a strong industrial background. We believe we have gathered the right domain expertise and technical competences, and we are constantly focusing on multiskilled workers.
It goes without saying that StatWolf is an ambitious project; and a certain level of risk is inherently associated to the development of any complex platform. Knowing that very well, we have spent a lot of time carefully planning the next phases of the design and implementation, aiming to minimize such risk.
As a result, we have a very precise plan for the next steps that will lead to the final release stage, and we are confident to follow through with our promises in the expected times.
Of course, your feedback from the closed beta stage will contribute to finely tune the codebase and come closer to the expectations of the user base.
It is extremely important to clarify this point; as you can see, we chose to run a flexible funding campaign. This means that we will receive your contributions even if we do not reach our stated goal.
The reason behind this choice is that, to put it simply, we will make StatWolf happen independently from the result of this campaign; to achieve this result safely, we planned to cover development costs in-house and route the donated money towards hardware expenses.
Since the need for hardware scales nicely with the size of user base, which is in turn positively correlated with the amount of raised money, we are making sure that there is no scenario in which we won't have the resources to complete the job as promised.
Q: Why is not *algorithm name* listed in the "data mining portfolio" section?
A: If you have a specific use case in mind, we would be glad to hear from you! One of the reasons behind the creation of this campaign is exactly to receive this kind of feedback. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your idea.
Q: When does my "1 year" subscription start?
A: First of all, thanks for contributing! Your 1 year subscription will start after the end of the closed beta. You will have access to the closed beta free of charge (and with our best thanks).
Q: I see that I can use the online editor to create several documents. But can I export them to Word, or Powerpoint, or LaTeX?
A: Sure you can. But keep in mind that exporting the interactive charts to a static format (like image or pdf) will prevent their interactive behavior.
Q: Which client-side libraries are you going to use to deliver the best user experience?
A: Aside from jQuery/jQuery UI, we are going to use Twitter Bootstrap, Highcharts, D3.js, CKEditor and Reveal.js.
Q: I would like to use StatWolf as soon as possible but I can't buy a subscription right now. Is there a way I can use StatWolf for free?
A: Actually, there is. Take a look here to find out about our referral contest. You can even win a lifetime subscription!
Q: I deal with sensitive data; how can I trust StatWolf with such information?
A: Your data will be encrypted and stored in a SAS 70 certified datacenter. If you are interested in an Enterprise package, we can offer custom anonymization procedures that will prevent any sensitive information from ever leaving your network in an unobfuscated way; please contact us at email@example.com to hear more details about this. Regarding developer accounts, you will have the possibility to implement your own obfuscation/deobfuscation algorithms to use within the WebAPI domain. For personal accounts, it is planned to release an Excel plug-in to help you handle your data anonymously.