** The video may not render in certain browsers. Click here if you don't see a video above: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY_U3M9765M **
Why a Standing Desk?
Research shows standing desks have many health benefits including relieving back pain and burning extra calories. I became interested in standing desks after a car accident left me with back pain, but I was surprised to see how expensive they were! Instead of buying one, I built my own from parts I had on hand.
After colleagues showed interest in my homemade desk, I realized there were other people like me who wanted an inexpensive standing desk solution.
The Stand Steady
This desk is affordable, comfortable, and compatible with your existing desk.
- Keep your exiting desk: The Stand Steady sits on top of your existing desk, so there is need no need to replace the desk you already have!
- Your correct height: Snap buttons are set in one inch increments to allow you to adjust the desk to your correct ergonomic height
- Extra storage space: The Stand Steady actually increases desk space because you use the space on top of it for your computer and the area under it for storage or files
- Affordably priced: At under $100, this is the most affordable standing desk on the market. Other models are priced from $400 to $1600, and many require you to replace your existing desk.
- Lean with confidence: The desk does not slide when you lean on it. So lean with confidence!
- Compatible with monitor arms: The sturdy Stand Steady can easily support your monitor arm and other office equipment
- Exercise while you work: You can even use a small elliptical while working on your computer
Size and Color
** Color and height preference are not part of the order form. I'll contact you to get your preference after the project closes.**
- The Full Size desk is 24 inches x 20 inches
- The Laptop Size desk is 18 inches x 14 inches
- The tops are manufactured in North Carolina out of high-quality melamine coated particleboard with PVC edging for comfort. They come in your choice of Black and American Maple.
- The aluminum legs have snap buttons to easily set the desk to your correct ergonomic height
- At the bottom of each leg is a non-skid foot
- The desk will come in one of two leg lengths: “Regular” (generally best for people up to 5 ft 7) or “Long”
Sturdy and Easy to assemble
• The Stand Steady comes flat packed and can be set up in minutes with just a screwdriver
• It supports 75 pounds. It supports all your computer equipment, including a monitor arm.
Value of Standing
Recent articles make a compelling case for you to try standing at work:
- Business Week: "When we sit our muscles atrophy, our back crimps, and our metabolism slows" full article
- About.com: "standing while working will alleviate back pain" and "burn more calories throughout the day" full article
- Washington Post: "limiting sedentary time to less than 3 hours a day would add about 2 years to life expectancy" full article
- Boston Globe: Many employees abandon sitting while working "Clermont [started to] work while standing up. Since then, her back pain has disappeared." full article
- Huffington Post: "anyone suffering from back pain ... I'd recommend giving the standing desk a shot. Sure, you might get some funny looks, but you might also rid yourself of chronic pain and discomfort" full article
Easy assembly: 2 legs, 1 top, 5 screws
Profile: "Long" length legs set on high
Snap Button Leg (Note: your legs will not have numbers and foot pad may vary)
Desk from the Top
Full Size Desk Profile
Full Size Desk with Computer
Profile: "Regular" length legs set on low
Laptop size Desk with Laptop
**The images may not render in certain browsers. If you don't see any Stand Steady photos above, click through to my website: www.standsteady.com **
Questions: contact me directly at email@example.com
Support the Stand Steady today!
Take the next step toward a healthier lifestyle and pledge to support the Stand Steady.