My Juice Bar Dream
Like so many crowdfundees, I was sick of the corporate life. I didn't feel like I was helping anyone with my career (besides the CEOs of my huge national company) and I was tired of the bureaucracy and micromanagement, too. I wanted to quit, but I didn't want to get caught up in another corporate drudgery. The devil you know, right?
I didn't think starting your own business was something you could just go do. I didn't have any business owner mentors or role models. I'd never seen anyone do it. My partner, who has owned several successful businesses, convinced me otherwise. I wanted to do something I was passionate about, be my own boss, and truly help people feel better and nourish their bodies.
Opening a juice bar is Silicon Valley hasn't been easy. I wasn't prepared for all the California restrictions, regulations, and permit fees. I'm a little bit over budget, and the health inspector wants Squirt The Juice bar to have three new sinks installed before we can provide our nourishing, healthful juice to the Los Altos citizens. I'm so excited to bring the all organic, local as possible, interesting combinations to downtown.
We Need Four Sinks
- We need a mop sink. This is installed in the floor and we have to cut the concrete to do so. This is the biggest impediment right now. We have to empty our dirty mop water in an area completely seperate from the food preparation area, and that makes sense to me.
- We also need a three compartment dish washing sink so we may wash, rinse, and sterilize all our equipment. We already have the sink, we need to cut into the walls and run new pipes to have it ready to use.
- Lastly, we need a food prep sink. That's where we'll take loving care in washing, cutting, and storing our fresh fruits and veggies.
- We already have a hand washing sink for the employees who will be preparing your juices, smoothies, and raw snacks.
- The total cost is upwards of $6,000. We're hoping to crowdsource some of that, but every single penny will go to paying the architect and the plumber for their services.
You Can Help
If you're a Los Altos (or nearby) citizen, Squirt The Juice Bar directly benefits you. You'll be able to stop by and get fresh, wholesome juice, smoothies, bowls, or snacks, and later, we'll offer delivery in the immediate area. There isn't another juice bar like this for thirty miles in any direction. Your contribution will earn you a credit at Squirt you can use after we open.
If you don't live in the area, you can help me realize my dream and get some fun swag at the same time. Or, if you're planning a trip to the Bay Area, you can also get a credit for juice.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you can contribute, anything will help us get to our goal. If you can forgo one Starbucks trip, I'd be forever grateful. (I understand that addiction, though- passion tea lemonades are my summertime buddies!)
If you can't contribute right now, that's ok! I understand. Could you send this to a few friends or share it on your preferred social media site for me? I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks for reading, y'all! I hope to be making fresh juices and smoothies for you all soon!