***UPDATE*** People that purchase a perk off of this campaign will be eligible to get their next order for COST plus shipping at the conclusion of the campaign.
My name is Richard Schwartz and I was born at Copley Memorial Hospital in
Aurora, IL on September 14, 1969. In 1971 I moved to Panama City, Florida
with my parents. Then when I turned eight years old I moved back to Aurora, IL
to live with my dad and stepmother. At eleven years old I started working
at the Aurora Country Club as a caddy. The next six years I spent all my
summer days caddying and working in the bag room. When I was fifteen, my father bought a corner lot, where he began to sell hot dogs. Two years later my parents decided to build their own restaurant on that same corner lot and named it “Lisa T’s”. I graduated from East Aurora High School in Aurora, IL in 1989. After high school I began working odd jobs, while also helping my parents for two years at the restaurant before joining the Navy. I planned to make a better life for myself and my daughter, who I had just two days before my 21st birthday. While sailing aboard the naval ship USS ACADIA, I received a phone call that my stepmother was diagnosed with breast cancer; therefore I decided to come home to spend what time I had left with
my mother. Next, I got a job at Hollywood Casino and worked full time and my time
off was spent trying to help my parent’s restaurant succeed. Two years later I lost
my stepmother to breast cancer on November 10, 1993. I continued to be employed at Hollywood Casino for 8 more years. Later I got a job in November 1999 with General Mills in West Chicago, IL. While at General Mills I lost my father to lung cancer on May 9, 2011. I loved my parents very much; as they made me the man I am today. Without them in my life I do not know where I would be today as they instilled good work ethics in me at a very young age. I am still employed at General Mills and am ready to start my own business again with SPN Ribbons, Inc. I am engaged in a loving relationship with the love of my life (Sandy) and together we have five wonderful daughters and five grandchildren as well as lots of wonderful supportive family and friends.
My Campaign is SPN Ribbons Inc, which stands for Solar Powered Novelty Ribbons. I created this for a few different reasons. I have served in the Navy aboard the USS ACADIA and I lost both my parents to cancer. My stepmother lost her battle to breast cancer in 1993 and my dad lost his battle to lung cancer in 2011. It was a long road watching both parents go through such pain without a cure as I was their caregiver. It took a lot out of me and this is why my project means so much to me. At the time of their battle with cancer, I kept thinking I wanted to come up with something that could even be placed on their their grave sites as well. I also wanted something to show support for those that have lost loved one to other illnesses or those that have loved ones battling illnesses and are survivors as well as our soldiers that server our country. This is why my project is so important to me especially because it hit so close to home. My heart and soul is 100% in this special project and it is my hope and dream that it will help others support their loved ones as well.
This is how your funding will contribute to our campaign:
- I am asking for $200,000 dollar of which $85,000 will go towards the injection mold. The molds are important to the campaign to ensure each and every ribbon is of the highest quality. $80,000 will be used for the down payment on the solar panel units. The remainder will go to manufacturing costs.
- In the event that we do not receive the entire campaign amount, we will purchase the injections molds. At this point, they are the most crucial component to begin production.
Be part of the SPN Ribbons Family
- Each contributor will receive one of the following, depending on size of contribution: t-shirt, polo, or ribbon of your choice or all three.
***Please note your T-shirt size and color, along with the color of ribbon you would like in the comments when you check out.
- Real financial support for our troops or cancer family victims.
- You can follow our progress and contributions on our web site SPN Ribbons Inc.
- ***UPDATE*** People that purchase a perk off of this campaign will be eligible to get their next order for COST plus shipping at the conclusion of the campaign.
If you want to help but are unable:
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean they can’t help:
- Pass the word about SPN Ribbons Inc. You can make a difference in other peoples lives.
Thank you for contributing to a noble and worthy cause.
With Love, the SPN Ribbons Family.