Survive on an alien planet in this multiplayer cooperative first person shooter game for PC/Mac/Linux.
*This version allows you to play a fast paced game mode where the focus is set around the defense of the base itself, not yet around the exploration of the world. That last part is exactly why we need YOUR help.
"Space Nomads itself looks hugely promising, as it’s a co-op sort-of tower defence with hefty and diverse building options. There’s a longer game to it, however, which involves surviving until you can “ultimately search for a way to escape the planet"
Rock Paper Shotgun
"...AND OH MY GOD, THIS IS ACTUALLY THE STARSHIP TROOPERS GAME I’VE WANTED FOR YEARS!"
"I believe that this game is worth observing, it’ll be interesting to see just what features they add. I, for one, am hoping for curtains and carpets."
Stranded on an alien planet, join your friends in a survival journey, explore a randomly generated world, collect resources, build your base, craft weapons and turrets to fight waves and waves of hostile insectoids.... Day after day.
The design of Space Nomads grew on the desire to create, not only a PC game, but also a game made of exploration, creativity and most importantly: cooperation! It was also very important for us to choose a game design that would allow us to have an open, community-centric and iterative development, filled with a large amount of further possible improvements based on feedback from the community.
- Play in a randomly generated world
- Cooperative multi-player gameplay
- Be creative and build your own base
- Explore different environments
- DRM free
- Collect resources
- Discover/research blueprints, craft weapons, turrets, traps and more
- Defend your base from insectoid aliens
- Survive and ultimately search for a way to escape the planet
- Dedicated server
We want to get the community involved in the development of the game. We will constantly run polls and read people opinions on the forums, they will help us shape the game, decide what to implement next from our big wish list. We really want everybody to get involved in order to achieve the best possible game!
We have developed the game on our own funds so far, it has been quite a ride and we are happy with what we achieved. But now, to be able to finish the game and embody all of our ideas, we will need your help!
We will use the money for:
- Software licenses: as a startup company, we are missing some tools and softwares to get the job done, and these are really expensive
- Hosting: because our game is focused on cooperation and community, we will need to host good forums, maintain databases and such things
- Multiplayer: it takes time and iterations to balance a multiplayer game and we want to make it as perfect as possible
- Music & Audio: we hired a sound artist to work on our title and we will still need him for the rest of the development
- Surviving: paying rent, food, and sustain two full time developers for one more year (at least!)
What if the goals are exceeded? Where will the money go?
Polish and pushing development even further: once our main goal will be complete, we will push the polish and the development of the game even further. The world we created offers us a LOT of possibilities to develop and implement great ideas. We can’t wait to see how far this will go.
Here are a few examples:
- Create custom bots:
- Resource collector bot
- Fighter bot
- Healer bot
- Repair bot
- Bots could fly (faster but weaker) or be on wheels (stronger but slower)
- Explore underground lairs and fight in the dark for fun and loots
- Ocean biome/gameplay
- Create flying vehicles
- Design an (optional) PvP game mode, based on server assaults
Digital copy of the game, DRM-free with access to the alpha and all following updates!
Choose one of the 3 design specially made for the crowdfunding.
Digital Art Book
Help in design
- Help us design a construction block with us for the game*
- Help us design the visual of a gun for the game*
- Help us design a turret with us for the game*
- Help us design a creature with us for the game*
- Help us design a boss creature with us for the game*
*And test the dev build with us on the way.