SOUTHERN BAPTIST SISSIES IS OFFICIALLY GREENLIT! We are shooting the play as a film from January 12-23, 2013!!
starring Emerson Collins, Willam Belli, Matthew Scott Montgomery, Luke Stratte-McClure, Newell Alexander, Rosemary Alexander, Bobbie Eakes, Ann Walker, Joe Patrick Ward, Johna Myers, T. Ashanti Mozelle, Anthony Cherry with Dale Dickey and Leslie Jordan.
Our first fundraising campaign was a HUGE success thanks to all of your incredible contributions to supporting this important message! We raised $104,670 - HALF of our our $200,000 budget, and we COULD NOT be doing this without you! THANK YOU! From all of the Sissies team!
If you are new to what we are doing with Southern Baptist Sissies - you can see the entire story of our project on our first campaign here: http://www.indiegogo.com/SouthernBaptistSissies
THIS is the ONLY WAY to get TICKETS to see one of only FOUR FULL PERFORMANCES of the play while we shoot it for the film!!
We are calling it "Be An Extra" - and these four performances will be full productions of the play for the cameras, so donating for tickets lets you see the show, supports the project as we continue to raise the money to finish shooting, and you may actually end up in the finished film! If you want to see the play in person, these FOUR LIVE SHOWS are the ONLY opportunity to see the play LIVE with THE ENTIRE FILM CAST! More information on getting your tickets is below.
See this AMAZING CAST LIVE ONSTAGE before you see it in movie theaters and own it own it on DVD. You will forever be able to say that YOU WERE THERE!
The film will star a number of the award-winning members of the original play cast! Leslie Jordan (Emmy-winner for Will & Grace) and Dale Dickey (True Blood, Spirit Award winner for Winter's Bone) will reprise their roles as the tragically comedic barflies. From the original cast, Ann Walker (Sordid Lives) will play Benny's Grandmother, Rosemary Alexander (Sordid Lives) will play Andrew's Mother, Newell Alexander (August: Osage County, Sordid Lives) will play the Preacher and Joe Patrick Ward, who will compose the Sissies score (Blues For Willadean) will also play Houston/Bro. Chaffey. Bobbie Eakes (All My Children, The Bold and the Beautiful) will play Mark's Mother. The four Sissies are Emerson Collins (Sordid Lives: The Series) as the narrator and writer Mark, Matthew Scott Montgomery (Disney's So Random, Yellow) as the sensitive Andrew, Luke Stratte-McClure (Yellow) as T.J. who decides to be straight, and Willam Belli (RuPaul's Drag Race, Nip/Tuck) as Benny the drag queen. Completing the cast are T. Ashanti Mozelle and Anthony Cherry as the Ikettes, and Johna Myers as the sexy stripper.
Be a part of the film shoot and the LIVE PERFORMANCES!
As we work to continue to fund this important project, to raise the final $100,000, we've come up with some exciting ways that you can continue to support this project and actually be a part of the production of the film! Here are the perks listed to the right, with further explanation to answer some questions.
ALL PERFORMANCES AND FILM SHOOT DAYS WILL BE AT:
- The Macha Theatre, 1107 N. Kings Rd., West Hollywood, CA 90069
- The theatre is at Kings Rd. and Santa Monica Blvd, north of Hugo's restaurant.
- There is a public parking garage directly across the street from the theatre.
1) Attend a Live Performance of the play during the film shoot
We will be filming four complete performances of the play with three cameras to use for the film. We want full houses to perform for as we film, so you can attend the show and "Be An Extra" in the audience to see the entire play in person, and possibly end up in the finished film!
There are ONLY FOUR performances to choose from:
- Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 2 P.M. - MATINEE
- Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 7:30 P.M. - EVENING
- Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 2 P.M. - MATINEE
- Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 7:30 P.M. - EVENING
Important information regarding the filmed performances:
- Be VERY CAREFUL that you choose the perk for the EXACT PERFORMANCE you want to attend - they are EACH DIFFERENT DATES AND TIMES! We've made available the exact number of seats available for each live performance, once they are gone, that's it, and we will not be able to switch them.
- Each perk is for ONE SEAT. You can absolutely donate as many times as you want to get as many seats as you you would like for your group! Each ticket you want to purchase must be a separate donation!! Be sure they are all for the correct performance date and time!
- You MUST be at the theatre no later than 15 minutes before the scheduled start time. Because we are filming, there will be no late seating once the performance begins!
2) Spend an ENTIRE DAY on the set during the film shoot!
Shoot days are twelve hours long, so with the day you select, you and a guest get to come to the set at the theatre and spend as much of the day as you choose as a part of the filming process. Watch the actors work and rehearse, see how the film comes together, sit in video village with director Del Shores and see the performances as they are caught on camera, eat lunch or dinner with the cast and crew working that day, take all the photos you want to share with your friends about the day! Obviously it's important that you respect the work being done as you get to be a fly on the wall while we shoot!
There are two perk options here:
- Spend the day on set with Leslie Jordan and Dale Dickey shooting their scenes in the bar as Peanut and Odette. These dates are Saturday, 1/12 and Sunday, 1/13.
- Spend the day on set with another actor of your choice. Bobbie Eakes (All My Children), Newell Alexander (August: Osage County, Sordid Lives), Rosemary Alexander (Sordid Lives), Ann Walker (Sordid Lives), Emerson Collins (Sordid Lives: The Series), Willam Belli (RuPaul's Drag Race), Luke Stratte-McClure (Yellow), Matthew Scott Montgomery (Disney's So Random) - or choose a day with all four Sissies. Once you select who you most want to see, we will send you the dates they are working to choose when you want to come to the set. Multiple actors will be working every day, but we will ensure you see your first choice! The other shoot dates are 1/15, 1/16, 1/17, 1/18, 1/22 and 1/23. **The exact shoot schedule is subject to change based on the needs of the shoot so there will be some flexibility on exactly who is working which day. WARNING - some film shoot days include male nudity.
3) Get a WALK ON ROLE in the opening of the film!
The opening of the film is going to embrace the preparation for a night at the theatre with shots of the audience arriving and being seated and the actors preparing backstage. Del has created several important moments where four people meet each other in line that will be featured in closeup in the opening of the film and another where a final male patron runs into the theatre late as the the show is preparing to start. There are only FIVE total WALK ON ROLES AVAILABLE! NON SPEAKING/NON UNION ROLES. From pictures of the five, Del well cast each person in one of these spots to be used in the movie. This is your chance to be in the opening of the movie in closeup! You must be at the theatre by 6:30 p.m. before the performance Saturday, 1/19 at 7:30 p.m. This INCLUDES a seat to this Saturday, 1/19 7:30 p.m. performance! If you are coming with other guests, they can donate for seats to attend the same performance or they can also select this perk to be a Walk On Role with you!
4) Be Interviewed ON THE SISSIES FILM SET for the DVD Extra Features!
Following the performance you attend, you will be interviewed on camera on the Sissies play and film set - in your choice of Peanut and Odette's Bar, the Church, or the Preacher's office, with a gaurantee that a portion of your interview will be used in the DVD Extra Features! Do you want to tell your story? Tell why you think the message of Sissies is important? This is your chance. IMPORTANT! - This DOES NOT include a seat to the performance, you MUST have donated to be an extra for one of the performances as well. (This is because we put the exact number of seats to each show available in the other perk options.)
5) You can still be an EXECUTIVE PRODUCER or an ASSOCIATE PRODUCER!
Extra seats and set visits will help us continue to fund the project, but they will not get us all the way there. We still need $100,000 and you can still donate and join our two Executive Producers - John Pafford and Judy Vetter, or our nine Associate Producers - Linda Swartz, Thomas Stewart, Cynthia Sanders, Stuart Bell, Douglas Johnson, Joel Stratte-McClure, Sharron Alexis, Bill Donius and Gary Skala. This still includes the full size film poster signed by the full cast, your choice of signed Blu-Ray or DVD, and a day on the set as well!
6) You can still Pre-Order the DVD!
Either signed by Del Shores, or signed by the entire cast and Del!
AS ALWAYS! If you cannot donate, we appreciate your support! You can share the link for this campaign, or our other social media sites here to continue to spread awareness.
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SouthernBaptistSissies
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/SBSissies @SBSissies
Follow our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SBSissies
We are GRATEFUL for ALL of you who are already on this adventure with us and we will be sharing the entire filming process as we work our way through this journey together. Thank you for being a part of the Sissies family as we work to create a great film to share this important message of love and healing.
"How do you stop the HATE that is spewed in the name of the Lord?"
Team on This Campaign: