The Snap Span Story
Snap Span was born out of frustration! David Gonzales II was out with a volunteer group cleaning up trash. As he moved along, he noticed that the mouth of the trash bag he carried always collapsed. He would try to put trash in but he quickly found that this was tricky. He realized that for him and the other volunteers, valuable cleanup time was being wasted fighting with the bag.
David realized that a simple, lightweight device was needed to hold open the bag. He recognized that the living plastic hinges found on devices like shampoo bottles with snapping locks would be perfect for grasping the bag - a new use! The analogy was made!
David also knew that minimizing complexity was key to making the product economical and to make it in the United States! Snap Span is a big product with 4 moving hinges yet it is all made of a single part! It comes off the mold ready to go! Even the packaging is snapped into place with no extra fasteners!
How it Works
1) Put a 33 gallon or larger bag over the frame from the inside just like on a trashcan.
2) Snap the 4 latches closed. You'll hear a satisfying, audible Snap!
3) Fill your bag with whatever needs bagging! Repeat!
- Can be hung almost anywhere - even a doorknob!
- Cleanup of oil/tar balls on beaches after environmental disasters
- Recycling pickup
- Snap Span can be twisted with a bag installed to help seal off odors
- Can be used like a big scoop to attack piles of leaves
- Wide enough for a rake or shovel to enter it
- Perfect for activities with limited space like tailgating and boating
- Functions like a trashcan without the size and bulk.
What We Need
Launching a new product is tricky and expensive! We need your support to help pay for things like molds, plastic, colorant, making new packaging and the costs associated with getting it in front of retailers so it can help many others!
Risks & Challenges
Our production mold is ready to go and Snap Spans are being produced! We teamed up with a local San Antonio Mold & Tool group to make sure we make quality Snap Spans. Production schedules are always tricky, especially with a new product but we will do our best to ensure Snap Spans are ready for the Fall!
Shipping a new product to new users is always a challenge too! Boxes have to be sourced & built, Snap Spans have to be inserted, labels have to be printed, etc. To help us tackle this challenge, we have teamed up with a Texan fulfillment group to get our product to your door once it is ready to go!
All of this is a big learning experience and you can never anticipate everything but we certainly are trying hard!
Other Ways You Can Help - Spread the Word!
Snap Span is a great product that will help people around the world! If you think our product is cool, please tell those you know about it and our Indiegogo campaign!
You can also use the Indiegogo share tools to help us get the word out! Thanks and wish us luck!
David Gonzales II
Inventor Snap Span