Sashimi Grade Albacore Tuna That Is Nothing Like You Have Ever Tasted Before
Hello to all our future contributors for our new indiegogo campaign. As you will see very quickly, we are involved in Seafoods, and especially with Albacore Tuna. So, before we get too far into it, we want to assure all of you out there, that we do not utilize any fish specie that is not completely sustainable, and we never use tuna that has been caught with nets; particularly the infamous "Purse Seine" Nets that have been in use throughout the world's oceans over the past 60 + years, and continue to decimate our tuna resources mercilessly.... Thank you. I hope you will join our efforts to establish our responsible, sustainable, and renewable New Sashimi Grade Albacore Processing Facility in the Coastal Community of Florence, Oregon on the beautiful Coast of the Pacific Northwest.
Smokey's Gourmet Seafoods
We are totally "Dolphin Safe." All of our fish that we utilize and process are caught individually with hook and line. We use no fish that have been caught with nets of any kind.* The foregoing applies equally as well to all of our endangered Sea Turtle friends, which we never try to catch and eat anyway.
Endangered Loggerhead Amphibious Turtle.
*Note: Tuna Fish caught with nets are unable to be graded as Sashimi Quality.
Pacific Northwest Sashimi Grade - Real Hickory Smoked Tuna - In Pure Spring Water - Hand Packed In Our 7oz. Easy Open Can
Our campaign is all about introducing the American people to the most flavor-able Albacore Tuna that can be obtained in the United States, or anywhere else on this planet except perhaps, for Japan.
The foregoing opportunity has presented itself only because the Albacore Fishermen of the Oregon Pacific Northwest have recently adopted and are currently processing their Albacore Tuna, utilizing traditional Japanese Sashimi techniques and methodology. The aforementioned is accomplished immediately upon catching each individual fish when bringing it aboard the fishing vessel.
Over the past 20 to 30 years the Oregon Albacore Fishermen have had some severe economic problems ranging from some years of extremely low catch rates, to too much tuna, creating low prices at the canneries; and, of course, always together with the ever increasing vessel and equipment operating costs.
In order to help alleviate some of these adverse conditions, the State of Oregon relaxed some laws & regulations allowing the fishermen to sell their fish directly from their boats, at the dock, to the public. This allowed them to by-pass the canneries; however, it wasn't enough, so they decided they must also raise the quality of their fish and increase their market share.
See The following Oregon State Sea Grant Video:In Short, they elected to embrace some of the traditional methods from the Japanese, whom, up until this point in time, were the only fishermen that had developed and were utilizing freshness and natural flavor retention practices; commonly referred to as "Sashimi Grading."
The above custom "bleed-out" action, when practiced properly, will ensure the inherent high quality traits and attributes of the fish, along with the natural and providential flavors of the fresh Albacore Tuna.
We, in turn, want to help our chosen host community of: Florence, Oregon to establish its respective and unique location on the Oregon Coast as the:
" THE NORTHWEST PACIFIC ALBACORE TUNA CAPITAL OF AMERICA; HOME OF THE MOST DELICIOUS ALBACORE TUNA IN THE UNITED STATES."
Typical Oregon Coastal Fishing Port
Albacore/Salmon Boat - Based in the Port of Florence, Oregon
Oregon Fishermen Selling their Albacore Tuna At The Dock
Fresh Oregon Coast Albacore Tuna For Sale On The Dock
Oregon Fisherman Cleaning & Trimming Albacore Tuna Loins
HOWEVER, BEFORE WE CAN CHOOSE AND ESTABLISH OUR INITIAL OPERATIONAL LOCATION, WE MUST LAY THE FOUNDATION OF TRUST AND SUPPORT WITHIN THE COMMUNITY THAT MEETS OUR CRITERIA.
Via The Use Of Stretch Goal Funding, This Will Be Our First Tier To Raise Funding - If This First Campaign is Successful - We will Go On To Our Second Tier Funding Campaign
Our initial funding level is a total of $5,500. This amount will provide us the means to accomplish the following:
1. Allow us to travel to the Oregon Coast and visit our four primary locations. (Coastal Communities which we have tentatively determined would meet our basic requirements to set-up our initial processing facility).
1. I would like to update here that we have currently decided to establish our facility in Florence, Oregon. At this stage it appears that it meets our overall criteria.
2. The funding will also allow us to print-up descriptive material about our plans, and present it to the key community leaders and citizens, in order to gather support and backing for our indiegogo campaign (second funding tier); particularly within those coastal communities that would welcome our future economic contribution to their respective areas. This would also include the local Elks Club, Kiwanis and Rotary Clubs, as well as the local newspapers, Radio Stations, etc. Finally, we would meet personally with key city officials to ascertain their acceptance (welcome levels), and/or any objections they may have to our business intentions.
3.We would lay out the groundwork, within the community of Florence, Oregon for their support and loyalty regarding, not only our serious efforts to make a difference, but to gather an indication about their feelings towards establishing their respective community as:
"THE NORTHWEST PACIFIC ALBACORE TUNA CAPITAL OF AMERICA; HOME OF THE MOST DELICIOUS AND ONLY SASHIMI QUALITY ALBACORE TUNA IN THE UNITED STATES."
4. In addition, during our visit, we will need to purchase some fresh Albacore Tuna in order to process, smoke & can sufficient prototype samples, of not only our new Solid White Sashimi Grade Albacore Tuna, but also for our new "Sea Snak Pak," which includes a 3oz. can of either Real Hickory Smoked Albacore Tuna, or Real Western Red Alder-wood Smoked Wild Sock Eye or King Salmon.
5. In total, it is the purpose of this first tier indiegogo funding campaign, to prepare for that acceptance and support of the good citizens of Florence, Oregon; which we have decided will most probably meet all of our requirements towards establishing our proposed sea food processing & packaging facility.
FURTHERMORE, IT WILL BUILD A SOLID NETWORK OF ENTHUSIASTIC SUPPORTERS/CONTRIBUTORS THAT WE WILL NEED FOR THE SECOND TIER OF FUNDING.
The Foregoing Is What We Need - The Following Is What You'll Get ... Exceptional "Perks" That Will Be Available For The Contributors Of This Campaign & The Next.
1. Most of the perks we will be providing our contributors will include several of our products; most notably our new Sashimi Grade Solid White Hand Packed Albacore Tuna in pure spring water, and no adverse additives of any kind. They will also include our new Gourmet Sashimi Quality Albacore Tuna Cured in Pure Oregon Apple Juice, Smoked with Real Hickory Wood, and packed in pure spring water as well.
In addition, it is very important to us, that our indiegogo.com campaign contributors will be some of the first to experience the extraordinary difference in the taste of our new Sashimi Grade Solid White Albacore Tuna, as opposed to all the previous Albacore Tuna that they have had throughout their lifetime.
2. Some of the Perks will provide other forms of rewards to certain contributors, providing them options that could allow them to participate more directly within the new company; after the first tier of funding has been reached, and continuing as contributors; becoming active equity partners.
3. Other Perks will be based upon reaching a certain threshold, such as: "Successfully reaching our goal for this first tier of funding." Original contributors could also receive additional Perks with dramatic increases in value and substance, depending upon the initial funding category chosen by the individual contributor(s).
4. We urge all of our supporting contributors to choose a category, whether for $5.00 or $500.00. Pick the "Perk" that is most applicable to your interests and the extent of desired involvement. However, even if you choose not to participate as an active "contributor," please pass the word around to your friends and others. Remember, even a little involvement can provide exceptional returns; not only on an immediate basis, but into the future as well.
Let's Take A Look At Some Of The Products..
Most contributors will receive at least one 7oz. can of real Hickory Smoked Sashimi Grade Albacore Tuna - in pure spring water.
Along with Albacore Tuna - Some perks will include one or more 7oz. cans of Custom Hand Packed Alaskan Alderwood Smoked Sock Eye Salmon or a 7oz. can of troll caught Chinook (King) Salmon - Custom Smoked with real Western Red Alderwood.
Alderwood smoked Keta Salmon in our 7oz, can ready to be sealed and retorted - This is a delicious salmon that has an excellent flavor - Several Perks include this gourmet Salmon.
The image above shows one of our sashimi grade 7oz. cans of Yellowfin Tuna providing a look at some very inviting, ready to eat, hickory smoked sashimi quality tuna for the real discerning gourmet.
Some of our Expertly smoked Sashimi Quality Bluefin Tuna ready to be trimmed and shaped for our 7oz. & 3oz. cans
This is one of our new products named: SeaSnakPak. We believe it will become extremely popular as it can be readily retailed from any convenience store, Gas Station Food Marts, and most of all, from any "Heart Healthy" vending machines. Each "SnakPak" will contain one 3oz. can of either smoked or regular Albacore Tuna, or smoked Sock Eye Salmon. Both loaded with exceptional heart healthy nutrients with no chemical or other adverse additives.
Our New SeaSnakPak will be readily available from all types of Vending Machines, including the new "Heart Healthy Vending Machines," that are appearing on many school campuses, as well as on the shelves of many upper scale Health Food Markets.
What People Are Saying:
I've been eating these amazing products since I was 15. Never has there been any fish of any species that has not only impressed me, but left me wanting more. I will never again have the privilege of knowing someone that has caught and prepared fish like Smokey. His processes and quality standards have always been far more than any business I've seen. This man has the expertise, experience, education and passion to truly create products like no one else! Trust me, once you've had the luxury to taste his amazing talents, nothing else will ever come close!
- Valinda Miller Myers
As a certified nutritionist, I know that food directly affects our health – positively or negatively. The fact poor health is now affecting our children, specifically in the form of obesity, is unacceptable. In the U.S., more than 1/3rd of children under the age of 13 are clinically obese. The alarming news is that this problem – epidemic, actually – is getting worse not better. Recently, medical scientists had to add the term “severely obese” to diagnose the ever-growing waistlines of our children, alone. Why is this happening? Aside from social or physiological reasons, it is poor choices in food, and simply not eating “whole food” any longer. We are a nation of processed, packaged food that is void of nutrients and energy for life. We are literally giving our children processed, fast food, as soon as they are weaned. I have clients who tell me their children do not like vegetables and “health foods.” The overwhelming conclusion, I discover, is that parents never gave them any to start with, nor are they eating healthy food themselves. Children copy what they see. Unfortunately, no matter what healthy lifestyle that child may adopt as he or she grows, they will always be fighting the fat cells that they developed prematurely, and most of all, the consequences of limited nutrition as a child. They need healthy food to be given and available to them.
The good news is, we have total control over this obesity and poor health epidemic. We can make healthier food choices, no matter what our age. Providing healthy food for our children is paramount, though, so they will continue to make better choices and enjoy good health in their future. We all know that fish is one of those foods that contain nutrients and minerals needed by us all; but maybe some have had poor quality in the past and therefore think all fish tastes the same. Smokey’s Sashimi Grade, Regular or Smoked Albacore Tuna and Salmon have all the health benefits I want for my clients, and with natural smoky flavor that “non-fish eaters,” and even my youngest clients love.
The difference in Smokey’s fish is the entire process. It is wild caught with a single hook on a troll line (never farm raised), and processed utilizing the strict traditional Japanese sashimi method(s) for optimum freshness and quality. It is then naturally cured and smoked using no nitrates or nitrites. It is processed and canned entirely by hand, in pure spring water or pure coconut water, preserving all of its natural flavor and nutritional value.
The health benefits of fresh Tuna and Salmon are tremendous. Everyone knows they contain heart healthy Omegas, but most do not know that these Omegas are proving to support brain health and cognitive function, not to mention energy. This is a great snack for our school age children and adults alike. Fresh Tuna and Salmon are also high in selenium, which is not only an antioxidant and immune booster, but also an anti-inflammatory. The standard American diet is highly acidic due to processed and sodas. Acid causes inflammation, which in turn causes a host of maladies such as arthritis, joint, muscle pain, and weight gain to name a few. Tuna and Salmon are also high in B vitamins and calcium, and packed in coconut water; provide electrolytes for energy and loads of additional potassium.
I recommend Smokey’s Gourmet Smoked Albacore and Salmon to all my nutritional clients and believe they should be available in every healthy vending machine, and store. We need to start making changes in our lives and the lives of our children, even if it is one snack, lunch able, or a single meal at a time.
- Cheryl Mothes Proulx; Certified Nutritionist
7oz. can below depicts our very choice hickory smoked "Belly Loin meat" of Pacific Bluefin Tuna. It is the caviar of all tuna fish. This is an extreme culinary treat desired by many, and will be experienced by only a few lucky contributors who will pick the right Perks.
Team on This Campaign: