Who We are
How You're Helping
What We Need & What You Get
What We Need
- Travel Cost [$1,000]: We're traveling the country to meet, learn, and film those directly effected by climate change. A big chunk of funding will head towards all the cost we accrue during the trip. The basics, you know? Food, lodging, and travel cost.
- Production Equipment [$1,000]: We've been filmmakers for a few years now, but we need a few extra items to pull this thing off. We need a new audio recording set up so we can make sure we capture people's stories effectively. We also would like a POV camera to help us capture the action in more incognito situations.
- Street Team [$1,500]:This is the big one. We're really trying to pull off a movement here. We want to empower people in two ways. The first is awareness through a guerilla style campaign of stickers, stencils, and other street art mediums. The second is distributing an information packet detailing how you can create change on an individual level all the way to a city wide level. A great majority of our funding will go towards the street team as we would like to see this become a free resource. We hope that aspiring activist can sign up and receive their packets at no cost. This will be completely donor funded.
What You Get
We want to make donating worth everyone's while. Each donation will be critical, whether it is $10, $25 or $1,000. We have detailed all levels of donation perks below. Any extra promotional material will be distributed to our donors if available.
A little more...
Shift has been a dream in the making for many years. Kate and Sam have long been informed followers of climate change, and also of the climate movement. In the past year, they both came to the same realization: they wanted to be more involved. They both felt that they needed to be doing more, a lot more. Together they have a great combination of skill sets. Sam has a long history in video and film production and Kate studies environmental history and received a research grant from Montana State University in 2011, to study at the Smithsonian Archives and National Academy of Science archives. Shift is the beginning of their dream to raise awareness surrounding climate change, and most importantly, to make it an approachable, tangible topic for all.
Can't Afford to Give?
That's ok! We know not everyone will be able to donate to the cause. If you can't make a financial donation at this time here are a few more ways to get involved.
- Head over to our site.
- Like us on Facebook, and share it with your friends
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Write a #WhyIShift, our hashtag campaign that allows people to share why they are becoming more climate aware.
- Suggest an environmental petition.