Who are we?
The Arc of Kitsap & Jefferson Counties (The Arc) works to provide education, advocacy, and support to people living with Intellectual and Developmental disabilities (ID/DD) such as Autism, Cerebral Palsy, and Downs Syndrome, to have whole and successful lives in the community. The Arc also provides advocacy and support for the families, other loved ones, and care providers, in the work it does providing programs, services, and connection to community members and government agencies.
The Friday Night Social or “the dance” is one of the Arc’s most beloved programs since 1978, and strives to increase social skills, meaningful participation, and self-determination, all in a recreational opportunity. It is an evening where community comes together, in a safe environment, to have fun, meet friends, and of course dance.
Since its founding in 1938, The Arc has gone through a number of changes. Due to a number of factors, including the economic downturn of the past few years, we have had to look at the realities of reorganization, needs for fundraising, and the options for scaling back or completely shutting down some of the Arc’s important programs; one of those is the dance.
What can you do to help?
Plain and simple, donate to save the dance! Direct costs for the dance are over $25,000 a year. That includes paying for a minimum of staff to oversee the dancing, socializing, and serving of food and drink. All the while ensuring everyone is safe and of course having a good time. It also includes the pizza, drinks, snacks, and once a month, birthday cake.
This of course does not represent the costs to provide a facility that can handle 150 to 300 participants and care givers, the overhead of providing communication and administration of the program, and other supporting expenses.
Can I do anything else to help?
We would love for you to share this with your family, friends, and coworkers. We make it easy, using the buttons below for FaceBook, and soon Twitter!
Our thanks to you for your time and donation!
Don’t let this be their last dance!
How to make your donation:
- Select “Contribute Now”
- Fill in the Billing / Shipping Information, whether you want to have your vote (donation) listed on the donation page, optionally provide a comment, optionally sign up for future emails regarding fundraisers, and select your payment type.
- Select payment via the Indiegogo site or through PayPal
- Follow the prompts to provide your billing information – see note below for more information
Please note –
If you pay by credit/debit card on the Indiegogo site, it will not be eligible for a tax donation
- The Arc is a 501(c) 3 organization, and your donation through PayPal may be tax deductible outside of any direct benefit(s) received.
- PayPal will ask you to login or create a PayPal account, but you can contribute to a campaign via PayPal, even if you do not have a PayPal account. Use your credit card to "Pay as a Guest" without signing in:
- When you get to the PayPal screen, you'll see up top "Choose a Way to Pay"
- Select the second option: "Pay with a debit or credit card"
- Complete the form - PayPal accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express
- Deselect/uncheck the checkbox that says: "Save this information with a PayPal account"
- Click "Review and Continue" to continue with a payment using a credit card
- Click on the "Continue Without Logging In" link