Why are we doing this?
Beautiful and intriguing designs appear in the crop fields in Wiltshire each year in greater numbers than anywhere in the world.
©Steve Alexander ©Olivier Morel ©Steve Alexander
Crop circles attract visitors from all over the world, many of whom visit each year. There are few, if any, ways the affected farmers benefit from this - honesty boxes for donations collect trivial amounts and are often stolen and the farmer’s crop is damaged by the crowds that visit.
One farmer estimates his losses at about £10 000 per year and the money collected in honesty boxes as about one tenth of that. Farmers are angry with the lack of respect for their land and rights.
Farmers are faced with difficult times and bad weather. Many farmers have now reached the point of zero tolerance and have promised to cut out all formations this season as soon as they become aware of them.
By raising these funds through this crowd funding appeal and by the sale of access passes so we can provide real recompense to the affected farmers, we intend to turn this situation around.
We aim to prevent this downwards spiral by organizing a sustainable and proper system of respect and compensation for the farmers through access pass sales, and crowdfunding.
This year is critical, but with your help we can save the circles.
©Olivier Morel ©Eva Marie Brekkesto ©Lucy Pringle
Why do we need this much money and where does it go?
There are an average of 40 formations a year in Wiltshire and each formation results in the loss of at least £500 to £1000 in value, depending on the size and the crop.
If we manage to raise more than £36 000, we will be able to save more formations that might appear.
All money from Access Passes and from the CrowdFunding Campaign or other sources will go directly to the affected farmers. This will be managed by a company set up for the purpose and whose management board will include farmers.
©Monique Klinkenbergh ©Janet Ossebaard ©Steve Alexander
What you get for your support:
For your donation you will get either a day, week or season crop circle access pass to go and see the crop circles.
If you are unable to visit the crop circles there are other rewards you will receive when you support this campaign.
- There are a collection of high definition photos of past crop cirlces you can download and use for your personal purposes.
- You can choose to receive a special painting by well known local artist , Sue Faux, of a crop circle of your own choice. These come in different sizes and include postage to anywhere in the world.
- You can opt to take a flight above the crop circles in a light aircraft, helicopter or hot air balloon. Once you make the pledge you can contact us to arrange a day and time for this to take place.
- A free mobile app to receive notifications of latest crop circles and related information.
- A website, www.cropcircleaccess.com bringing you up to date information on the latest crop circle formations inlcuding photos, maps, newsletter etc
- An information and co-ordination centre and shop that you can personally visit in Woodborough, Wiltshire where you can view maps, magazines, DVD‘s and talk to people about the latest crop circles.
Day Pass £7.50 Week Pass £20 Season Pass £40
Who we are:
The Crop circle Co-ordination and Information Centre is a non-profit social enterprise based at the Woodborough garden centre near Pewsey in Wiltshire.
The centre incorporates the Silent Circle Venue.
We would love to see you at our new information centre.
- Download our mobile app to be notified immediately of new Crop Circle when they appear.
- Buy a day, week or season access pass to see the Crop Circles.
- Look at maps that show you how to enter formations, where to park, and if access is permitted.
- Be notified of talks and workshops.
- Be able to send us a photo of a new Crop Circle.
- Sign up for a Crop Circle newsletter
- Free WiFi, computers and Cinema Corner
- and much much more....
Monique Klinkenbergh Derek Viner
Download our Free Mobile App
iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPad, Android, and mobile website versions have been designed.
Currently the Android app is available in the Google Play store. The iPhone app has now been approved by Apple and is available in the iTunes store. Use the search term ‘Crop Circle Access‘
iPhone APP Android APP
Other Ways You Can Help
- Spread the word about our campaign to all your friends via FaceBook, Linkedin, Twitter, email, Foursquare, Instagram and Pinterest or any other way you can.
- Encourage people to come and visit our Information Centre
- Sign up to our newsletter to be kept updated
- Engage us on FaceBook with your opinion.
- Come to one of our talks or workshops.
- Submit photos of crop circles you visit for us to use in research.
Indiegogo have lots of sharing tools you can use!
Many thanks for your support.
Monique Klinkenbergh and Derek Viner