HOT NEW PERK! LIMITED EDITION !!
HOT NEW PERK! LIMITED EDITION SIGNED!
THIS IS NOT A DOCUMENTARY... In the spirit of Blade Runner (1982), Terminator (1984), and Soylent Green(1973), we present our science-fiction (or "faction", rather) film about the dangers of GMO and its consequences in the future.
A FEATURE LENGTH SCIENCE FICTION MOVIE PEELING THE SKIN OFF ONE OF MANKIND'S GREATEST SERPENTS: GMO
We need your help to make Santo a reality.
SANTO 7.13.15. is our way of filmically communicating the dangers of GMO in our future. Moviegoers can simultaneously escape reality while learning more about our current reality and its potential pitfalls in our future reality.
What's the movie all about?
SANTO 7.13.15 is a story that shows our future in 2045 when over population has reached critical levels and food supply can't keep up with demand. Poverty and hunger have become pandemic. Global biotech food giant SANTO has created strains of super food to feed the masses causing autoimmune disorders, food intolerance, and sterility in the process. Their new cure has proved even worse than the diseases they created: Santo lobbied and was given the right to make genetic enhancements to humans so they could again eat and survive on their created super foods. In that legislation, it also gave them the rights to own any human's DNA and body that was modified. For those modified that were less then perfect, Santo had the right to recall.
We follow Max, a working class family man who convinced his wife to allow Santo to genetically modify her so that they can overcome their infertility problems. When their daughter is born disabled, however, Santo recalls her and sends her to Deconstruction Camp. His wife disowns him. His daughter is dead. He is alone. Now he must save the life of another child that has been recalled if he is to expose the inequities and injustices of Santo to the world.
We passionately want to make a feature length dystopian futuristic movie with GMO as the backdrop, as this is a subject we believe deserves more attention. We are extremely confident our film will call forth as much.
SANTO 7.13.15. is the answer and, as a corollary, a game changer in human history. We've already made our decisions: we're not accepting any amount of dirty money towards this project. I choose the word "dirty" because the situation is every bit as unilateral as we portray it to be: Monsanto is impeding on our human rights and tampering with mother nature. This coming after decades of chemically engineering dozens of toxins that have polluted our bodies. There's nothing clean about it, it's dirty. We're not here to bash the public in the head with PSAs or documentaries that will be mostly ignored anyways. We're not going to stand on a street corner and blast our opinion through a microphone at closed ears. We're going to entertain people. We're going to hide the medicine in the popcorn and let audiences inform themselves at their own leisure, allow them to incite their own interest in the matter. They're not only escaping Earth for that fleeting few hours, but they are also escaping their old reality and coming back to what's actually happening in our reality: a global health crisis enervating from an ever growing monopoly that continues to go unchecked, unbalanced.
The Movie — The Motives:
SANTO 7.13.15. will be an allegorical Film, that cinematically communicates the real, current, and potential future dangers of Genetically Modified Organisms, the Corporations who produce them and the Governments that scheme with those Corporations.
The film will emphasize the relevance of the risks of GMOs to the individual viewer using present day, real-world examples, i.e. Colony Collapse Disorder, Auto Immune Disorders and others diseases that have become prevalent since the introduction of GE crops — as well as a variety of other current concerns. Using a flashback / flash forward narrative, the film will interweave the hidden agendas between Industry & Government, the abuse of Intellectual Property rights, the loss of Biodiversity and many other issues. It will also probe the motives of decision makers and the consequences of creating laws that favor Corporate interests over Human Rights.
Myself, my staff and all those currently involved with SANTO 7.13.15. are deeply passionate. Not simply passionate about making a movie, but passionate about making a movie that will make a substantive and measurable difference. We each believe that the topic of genetic engineering must be elevated into the general public’s consciousness. Our intent to accomplish this is by doing something distinctly novel — intentionally educating and provoking thought through the guise of a dystopian, futuristic movie. We’re committed, that we deliver the best film possible and that the film creates questions, and thus raises awareness and creates action.
The Pluses & Benefits:
There has never been a Narrative film dedicated to specifically addressing or educating the masses about GMOs. So it goes without saying, that there has never been a mainstream movie that postulates the potential future dangers either.
The stylized, Science Fiction genre of the film will have contemporary appeal and will reach a far broader audience than Documentaries ever have. Documentaries are usually tailored to an already preexisting audience and presentation is often limited to small Art House Cinemas — whereas SANTO will have a broad-based appeal and will show in large commercial theaters.
HOT PERKS--WALL OF HEROES
HOT PERKS--DVD COLLECTION
HOT PERKS--ORGANIC T-SHIRTS
HOT PERK--MEET THE FILM MAKERS
HOT PERK--ASSOCIATE PRODURE CREDIT IN THE FILM AND LISTED ON IMDB
HOT PERK--PRIVATE SCREENING
Team: We are making updates currently to our Team page, as with every Hollywood movie not all Teammates that are with you in the begining are with you till the end. We will keep you updated as we reassemble the team that best represents our important films message.
Our #1 Sponsor: Creator of MARCH AGAINST MONSANTO
Tami Canal, the creator of one of the largest GMO Rallies ever assembled. On May 25, 2013, the MARCH AGAINST MONSANTO stood 51 countries strong with over 2,000,000 people fighting for what they believe in - a world without GMO. On that day the world united to stand up for our food, our environment, and our future as a sustainable planet. She couldn't be a more appropriate member of the SANTO 7.13.15. team.
Pamm Larry is the initial instigator and chief reason for Prop 37, the November 2012 ballot initiative in CA that would have required GMO foods to be labeled. Pamm is an invaluable and integral part of this team.
Homeopathic Laboratory of America™ is a proud new sponsor for SANTO 7.13.15. Homeopathic Laboratory of America™ provides Homeopathic and Non GMO Dietary supplements worldwide and is offering $25,000.00 in Dietary supplements as part of the perks to ensure we get fully funded!
Ij Web Designs graciously donated all the time effort and code it took to complete the official SANTO 7.13.15. Website. Ij has handled all the social media aspects of our campaign as well. The dedicated team at ij Web Designs has been instrumental to our ongoing success from our campaigns inception.
“If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny.” ― Thomas Jefferson
A Santo Modified Human Recall talks with High Court appointed attorney as he awaits sentencing.
Location Location Location
NEW YORK-LOS ANGELES- SAN FRANCISCO
Rather than rely on CGI locations for the bulk of our production, we will mostly be breaking through the green screen and filming on actual locations across the country. We want our audience to be able to relate to the future, not go on a Jetsons trip. Urban sets such as San Francisco and New York City will be some of our backdrops while a sizable portion of the film will also be shot in Los Angeles.
THE SUPPORTERS. YUP, YOU.
This movie is about us and for us. We stand united, so please join in for whatever you can. We have the power to change the human climate as we know it, to make sure that the tragedies of SANTO 7.13.15. never get a chance to propogate out of our own control. I have the power, and you have the power. Let's make history.
Whether you end up with an awsome t-shirt ("Organic and GMO free") or an invite to a special preview screening, you'll know that you made a difference. You stood and took action. You made the change you wanted in the world
"You had me at no-GMO," what do I do?
To become one of our supporters, just click one of the big reward buttons you choose and go through the simple process, Simple and easy.
Message from the Film Makers
Ever since we heard about Genetically Modified Organisms and the controversy surrounding it, and the dramatic lengths that companies take in repudiating anyone opposing their creation (including documented cases of buying lawmakers and bribing politicians), we knew we had to do our best to counteract their stronghold on our economics and health. We are filmmakers, it is how I find purpose in this world. However it is all of our purposes to see that Mansanto and GMO are held at bay before their leashes and claws reach any farther across our planet.
Only one two months ago two million people marched across 51 different countries in determined protest against Mansanto. If each one of them put forth a single dollar, we could produce a film that could carry out their message with more conviction, aim, and magnitude than we ever could as mere tangible humans. What better use could the cinema and internet be used for than to invoke social change in highly accessible (and understandable) wildfire across the globe?
If not us who? If not now when? It's up to us now, the real supporters of this life changing film for the better of humanity. When the project is successful, our plan is a global release in mid 2014.
Thank you to all who come in support of the goal.
SANTO 7.13.15. Team
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." -George Orwell
As it goes with every feature film our team has ever made (and every feature film that anyone has ever been made), there are 99 problems around every corner. Shooting schedules , securing locations and permits, dealing with conflicting schedules, etc. Making movies is not possible without enthusiasm, to be frank, and fortunately for us our supply for that is bottomless. Some see difficulty in every opportunity where we see opportunity in every difficulty. The two certainties behind these difficulties? 1. Problems will be solved. 2. This film will be made.
Important stuff you should know about your Rewards:
Some rewards may require additional paperwork (to protect us and you)
For those supporters visiting our set, we originally anticipated beginning shooting in October 2013 in Los Angeles, New York City, and San Francisco. However, this changed due to the extension by indiegogo for our campaign. We may start later into November for a number of reasons, including the amount of money we are able to raise and the particular locations' availabilities. We will keep you informed well in advance so you can plan around the changes as they occur.
This fundraising campaign is all subject to certain rules/regulations, movie guild rules and applicable law. If any of this conflicts, we will work with you in best efforts to give you a substitute or comparable reward.
In advance, to all of you that are ready for a change in the systemic injustices of our world's food trade, from all of us behind SANTO 7.13.15., we thank you with the utmost sincerity for fighting with us.
THE FINE PRINT
• For those of you visiting our set, we anticipate shooting in September through late Janruary in Los Angeles, NY and San Francisco. However, this has the potential to change. We will keep you updated so you can plan ahead to visit us.
• If you become an Extra ($350.00 Reward perk) or receive a Cast Credit ($10,000 reward perk), you must be a US citizen or have a US work visa, and NOT be a member of SAG/AFTRA. You fully understand you are contributing that specified dollar amount of the perk listed or More at your discretion and you will not recieve any Monetary compensation now, during or in the future of this Motion picture including upon successful distribution and sale be it through any medium such as DVD sales, Theatrical Distribution, Pay Per View, free cable and TV, Internet or any medium of distributing now known or unknown in the future of this Motion picture with your names in the credits. You fully understand and agree that upon taking these perks you will never be compensated financially, these perks cannot be transferred into any third parties name other than the name listed during you payment processing of this perk and you fully understand you are making a contribution toward the funding of this Motion picture and recieving a paid Role (by You) and Paid (by You) Screen credit in the film. You also agree and allow us to use your image, likeness, voice edited or unedited with no financial compensation whatsoever in perpetuity in any medium known or unknown in the future. This is not a paying cast position whatssoever.
• If you become an Associate producer ($1,000 Reward Perk) or Executive Producer ($20,000 Reward Perk) you fully understand you are contributing that specified dollar amount of the perk listed or More at your discretion and you will not recieve any Monetary compensation now, during or in the future of this Motion picture including upon successful distribution and sale be it through any medium such as DVD sales, Theatrical Distribution, Pay Per View, free cable and TV, Internet or any medium of distributing now known or unknown in the future of this Motion picture with your names in the credits. You fully understand and agree that upon taking these perks you will never be compensated financially, these perks cannot be transferred into any third parties name other than the name listed during you payment processing of this perk and you fully understand you are making a contribution toward the funding of this Motion picture and recieving a paid (by You) Screen credit in the film.
• You must be over 18 or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to attend the premiere or visit the set. Extras must also be over 18.
• Some rewards may require additional paperwork. If you are appearing in the film, you will have to sign a release that releases your likeness, image, voice, edited or not worldwide now or in the future in perpetuity without any compensation during or after the completion of Movie. You agree to the terms set forth and fully understand you will not be compensated but rather are recieving a reward of allowing you to participate in the film based on specific reward perk you have chosen, and that you are contributing money in the amount specified or higher to recieve that reward perk.
• Our final cut of the film may have to be further edited in certain cases to adhere to the laws in the country which it is being viewed, or for different types of media.
• All shooting locations, are subject to change for a variety of reasons, including the amount of money we are able to raise and the particular locations giving us the right to shoot.
• This fundraising campaign is all subject to applicable indiegogo rules/regulations, movie guild rules and applicable law. if any of this conflicts, we will work with you in good faith to give you a substitute reward.
The Limited edition non GMO Coffee cup perk does not come with any other perk.
To sum it up, movie making is a crazy business, with a lot of unknown factors. We start with a script we are really proud of. Then, we assemble the best team possible, get insurance, and make contingency plans. It's impossible to guarantee everything will come together exactly as planned, but in the end, we will have created a movie that hopefully all of us can be proud of. It's a great journey, and we thank you in advance for helping make this ride possible.
PLEASE NOTE: We have made a typo on two of our Perks. The Very Special Names on the Wall of Heroes perk currently reads that we will highlight 5 special names in the film. This perk should read "15" names and be limited to "15" supporters. We would like you to know once we reach "15" we will be deleting this perk, any who have chosen this perk will still be there however no new supporters will be able to chosse that perk thereafter.
The Associate producer credit reads"You will receive all other perks" this only includes perks below the $1,000.00 fund perk amount. You will not recieve cast opportunities or Executive Producer credit or status.
If you have pledged $20 or more, please note that the watermarked PDF Scripts will be sent to you once the films or each film has been released. This script may not be distributed, published, or sold at any time.
•For those of you who have chosen to receive an Limited Edition Art Print and Post card, we must state that those perks shall not be distributed, duplicated or sold at any time.
•For those of you who have selected to attend the private screening, the date and location are to be determined. We will provide you with 30 days notice, so that you may make appropriate travel arrangements.
•For those of you visiting our set, we anticipate shooting in between September through January in the cities listed, although these details are subject to change. We will contact you with additional details as they become available.
•For those of you acting in the film , you will need to make yourself available during the production time of the film and arrange for your own travel.
•If you have a speaking role in the film you must be a US citizen or have a US work visa.
•You must be over 18 or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (who will count as your plus one) to attend the premiere or visit the set.
• Some rewards may require additional paperwork. If you are appearing in the film, you will be asked to sign a release.