Short Summary - A pilot for a series
We want to set out to study what it means to be an American woman in the 21st century. Over a road trip, we will seek women to address a series of issues relating to career, work-life balance, and happiness.
The stories will be shared, as they develop, online, on television, or in a book (or all three!). Viewers will not only have a front row seat to the trip, but they’ll also have the chance to participate by commenting and sharing their thoughts.
Where the money is going
We are raising $5000 to produce a pilot show in NYC that we will be able to use to get corporate or network sponsorship for the road trip. The money will be used for:
- website - we are compiling an archive of female role models
- Travel - road trip to washington d.c. and feature a woman there as well. (our pilot will consist of two women!)
- Hiring a Videographer
- Hiring an Editor
- Rental/purchase of equipment, software, licenses, props
- Marketing/promotion expenses
- Meals/per diem expenses for crew