ABOUT THE PROJECT:
A book project by Fashion Photographer Jay Marroquin, 'Romance of the Photograph', is a search and discovery about love and the human spirit.
In early 2013, Jay Marroquin plans on traveling to 30+ countries in search of amazing couples to photograph and interview, to answer one of life's eternal questions...what is love?
Known for being behind the lens at Fashion Weeks around the globe, Jay Marroquin begins his quest in the deserts of Morocco to find 100 couples. The goal is to find couples who have been together for at least 30 years. Diverse couples from different races, religions and even sexual orientations will be featured.
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS MAKE THE FOLLOWING POSSIBLE:
- The Book - Your contributions will help fund everything needed to create an amazing book. A limited number of first edition books, each signed and numbered. 'Romance of the Photograph' will be a full-color, 200-300 page book featuring interviews and brilliant photos shot in both color and black and white.
- Art Show/Gallery Exhibit - A featured artist at Houston Press Artopia the last 3 years in a row, Jay Marroquin will showcase select works in a solo show. Coming Fall 2013.
PRESS | TESTIMONIALS:
Houston Chronicle - "It started when he saw the movie, ”Casablanca,” as a child. And it continued well into his adulthood as he watched his parents, Jaime and Eva, celebrate their many years of marriage". - http://blog.chron.com/shopgirl/2013/01/fashion-photographer-sets-out-to-find-couples-in-love/
Free Press Houston (FPH) - "People spend their mortality trying to figure out what makes love work. Romance of the Photograph, promises to fill the viewer’s eyes with more than 200 pages of images and stories of love. Marroquin will interview more than 100 couples from more than 30 different countries." - http://www.freepresshouston.com/art/romance-of-the-photograph/
Chloe Dao (Designer & Project Runway Winner) - "I think it’s kind of wonderful that he thinks of projects and goals and he somehow makes it happen. This a gift worth giving, big or small. If you cannot give, word of mouth about this project is priceless!" - http://chloedao.com/show-a-little-love-and-make-a-dream-come-true/
‘Pursuing the Passion’ – A documentary about Fashion Photographer Jay Marroquin wins BEST FILM at Rice University CelebrateART 2013. – http://youtu.be/9gpLD3-aPz0. Film by Mary Anderson and Gloria Quintanilla
WHAT IS NEEDED:
- In two words, support and money. This project cannot happen without your support.
- Commitment to spread the word. It's as simple as telling your friends about it, sharing it on your Facebook wall, Tweeting about it, or good old fashion email.
- Because Jay Marroquin gives back. He regularly works with local charities and organizations. He believes that by giving back to the community, you help other people realize their dream. View sample stories here.
- AWESOME PERKS! A full range of unique and creative perks are available for purchase. For complete details and description of available perks, click here.
- Born to a middle-class blue collar family, Jay Marroquin is an award-winning photographer who, despite all odds and humble beginnings, has worked hard to pursue his dreams and inspires others to do the same.
- Understand that by forgoing 1 cappuccino or 1 latte (about $5) and contributing, you're supporting an artist and making a dream come true.
BOOK DRAFT (COVER)
BOOK DRAFT (INSIDE) - Featuring photos and interviews with 100+ couples
WHERE DOES YOUR SUPPORT GO:
Your support will help fund the travels and all the associated expenses required to capture the needed images and interviews for the book. There are a multitude of expenses but below are a list of some of primary expenses:
- Travel Cost and Lodging including Visas and Permits
- Printing cost of Books/Art Work/Postage
- Gear, Insurance and Maintenance cost
- PR/Media Exposure
- Art Show/Exhibit
- Website/Blog Hosting
CONTRIBUTE - HERE'S HOW:
Contribute to my indiegogo – Choose amongst several awesome perks!
- The Book
- Photography Revival & Sermon 101
- Sponsor/Partner Packages
For complete details and description of perks, please visit: http://jaymarroquin.com/blog/2013/projects/rotp-perks/
Any questions, email us directly -email@example.com
ABOUT THE PHOTOGRAPHER:
Award winning and international photographer, Jay Marroquin celebrates the unique, creative and organic in photography.
Some live vicariously through him, others say he has gas running through his veins. His heart was even stopped once for 48 minutes. Yet you'll find Jay Marroquin following his passion behind the lens at Fashion Weeks around the world or shooting in the deserts of Death Valley.
Born to immigrant parents, Jay Marroquin, a native Texan is a respected Fashion Photographer who specializes in Runway, Fashion, and Editorial photography. Jay Marroquin has always had the courage to dream big and to realize that through hard work and dedication, dreams become reality.
Prior to photography, Jay Marroquin competed in professional motorsports in various categories from go-karts to sports cars to Formula cars. The same competitive and adventurous spirit can now be found in all photography projects undertaken by Jay Marroquin.
A PERSONAL NOTE:
THANK YOU. I am truly grateful to everyone who has believed and helped me along the way. To help a kid achieve his dream, I can only hope to produce an amazing book that can be shared with loved ones.
Remember, the best way you can help is by spreading the word. Share this on Facebook, Twitter, or good old fashioned email (jay AT jaymarroquin DOT com). Should you have any questions or special request please feel free to contact me directly (facebook | twitter).
Fashion | Art | Life