REVEAL the Historic Northeast is sponsored by The Community Capital Fund, a nonprofit supporting community development initiatives in historically under-invested, under resourced communities in Kansas City, Missouri.
REVEAL The Historic Northeast – What’s your piece of the puzzle?
How can we REVEAL the dream to the community...collaborate and attain the vision that the Community has for the Historic Northeast?
The Historic Northeast area is a long-neglected treasure of Kansas City. Let's organize, grow and share our knowledge of this amazing community. Let’s organize its assets so that that everyone knows what we have—where to find it, who can do it, how to get it, where to share it, how to make it and guide our decisions based on that information. Let's put the pieces of the puzzle together. Let's REVEAL the Treasures of the Historic Northeast!
The key to success is focusing on community and civic engagement, economic development, and knowledge management; not one, but all three -- and how the three integrate and work together to provide superior collaboration, process, and decision making results for the community.
We need to strategically plan the future of the Historic Northeast community, then roll up our sleeves and get to work!
What We Need
We need a strong, unified organization to assemble the pieces of the puzzle that REVEAL the treasures of the Historic Northeast community.
Organizing will allow the community to:
- grow and manage and share the institutional knowledge of the community.
- coordinate the multiple existing development plans.
- devise strategies to implement previously defined plans.
- identify new community priorities.
- compete more effectively for scarce public dollars.
- give credibility when seeking help from foundations or other grant makers.
- provide a venue for reaching out to stakeholders, and for receiving input from them.
Funds raised through this campaign will enhance the capacity required to build and implement a comprehensive Urban Community Initiative strategy for the Historic Northast.
What It Could Mean For Day-To-Day Life
Having an organization could enable our community to:
Start addressing needs such as repair and upgrades of things like curbs, sidewalks, sewer and water lines. Perhaps even some beautification on Independence Avenue, St John Ave. and other public sites.
- Assist our neighbors with improving the quality of their lives through collaboration with local and national partners.
- Negotiate home repairs, renovations and rehab work on dangerous abandoned and foreclosed homes. Improve vacant lots with pocket parks, homes and gardens.
- Start using community policing strategies and programs to help solve problems. Imagine less gang and drug activity, fewer crimes and less prostitution.
Other Ways You Can Help
Even if you can't afford to give right now, we still need you (and your passion!)
What is your piece of the puzzle?
- Get involved as a volunteer. We have lots of needs...and you have lots of skills to share.
- web, planning, design, social networking, ideas, communications, leadership, knowledge
- Spread the word about this campaign. Talk to people, email people, post a link on your Facebook page. There are tools on this site to help make it easy to help us get the word out!
Team on This Campaign: