Our documentary is about the present and future struggles of Mon Valley, Pennsylvania’s existence. Mon Valley, now called The Rust Belt, was the economic backbone that supported Pittsburgh and fueled the American Industrial Revolution. The downward economic spiral along with outsourcing has virtually decimated the US steel industry. Today, Pittsburgh is flourishing while their neighbors in Mon Valley struggle to stay alive. These residents are resilient and share their heartfelt stories of tragedy while courageously holding onto hope and faith in their ongoing fight to rebuild their towns. They need help in their battle to survive.
Is there a way for these boroughs to exist while their mills, factories, small businesses, and hospitals continue to shut down or will they become extinct? When fast food restaurants won't even open in these towns, what hope is there? Follow the fight of the leaders and the hardships of the people to see if these forsaken towns can be brought back to life. Support this devastated region by helping us give them hope through exposing the travesty of neglect that they have endured.
This story has completely evolved after delving deeper into the struggles of the Mon Valley resident’s lives. We started this documentary about one blighted city, but it seemed vital to include the entire Mon Valley area since they are all facing the same situation - all of their towns are collapsing around them. The poignant stories of the residents have inspired us and we believe their circumstance need to be exposed. With all of the outsourcing by corporations and the government, this could happen to anyone’s city in the USA!
What We Need
We need money to complete our film. Making an independent full-length documentary is a very expensive and challenging process. Filming half of our production took 5 months and now we are currently going through 33 hours of footage to see what else needs to be shot. As much time, energy, and money it took to get this far, it costs even more to edit, release, and distribute it.
No one has been paid to make this documentary and we have covered all of the expenses so far. It has cost a lot of time and money to get to this point. We have poured our hearts and souls into this production, but the time has come to raise money to get this documentary finished. Now that it is turning into a full-time job, we decided to get assistance from IndieGoGo for completion funds. We can’t do this alone and we need your assistance.
**The music score is being created by the band Urban Rebel. We have recorded and made several music videos of their live performances. They are in the process of recording an album in January.
This is a part of where our IndieGoGo funds will go:
- Tapes and hard drives
- Shooting additional footage
- Editing and organizing the raw footage
- Color correction
- Sound mixing
- Musical score
- Legal fees and release licensing
- Distribution rights for the film (online and offline)
- Our premiere screening schedule (before it's public)
- Marketing and promoting (online and offline)
- Film festival and registration fees
You may not think that $5, $15, or $25 will make a difference, but every cent helps and we are extremely grateful!
What You Get
The amazing variety of rewards are listed in the perks section on the right side of this campaign. Hope you enjoy the special incentives we created.
Other Ways You Can Help
We don't have the benefit of anyone with deep pockets, but we have something better - your word-of-mouth! Whether or not you can help us monetarily, please support us and spread the word by sharing this page with your family, friends, and coworkers using the IndieGoGo share tools!
Best ways to share this campaign and our exciting trailer:
• Facebook: Our best tool for sharing this message is through Facebook. You can simply click the "Like" button directly below the video at the top of the screen. You can also paste the URL straight onto your page with a message!
• Twitter: You can also Tweet out our video. Once again, click the button under the video or by simply sharing this URL of this page directly.
• E-mail: Think about the people in your life that may benefit from this message (or appreciate helping to spread the message). Write a short note to them in an e-mail! We'll owe you!
• Word-of-Mouth: Just talk to people in your lives about it! Few things beat a genuine face-to-face conversation.
Again, any way you promote us - big or small - is deeply appreciated!
If you are interested in investing in Renaissance IV: Mon Valley Moving Mountains, contact us directly at: CoolAttitudeFilms@gmail.com.