The Reel Change Film Frenzy will use the power of community funding to support the creation of 10 cause-driven films. These films will tell the story of 10 local nonprofit organizations and help them share their cause with the world. You can become a producer of your very own cause-driven film by donating as little as $10.
OUR 10 BENEFITING ORGANIZATIONS
1. Drive a Senior
2. Texas Accountants and Lawyers for the Arts
3. Austin History Center Association
4. Seedling Foundation
5. VSA Texas
6. Umlauf Sculpture Garden
7. Truth Be Told
8. EcoRise Youth Innovations
9. Mariposa Pathway
10. Pug Rescue of Austin
1. USJ Productions
2. Pitch Productions
3. One Story Productions
4. Firelight Films
5. Greenheart Creative
6. Proof Creative
7. Alpheus Media
8. Silent City Creative
9. Bright Giant Studios
10. Wildhorse Productions
What We Need & What You Get
Our Central Texas Filmmakers will work tirelessly throughout the week to create an extraordinary film that highlights the outstanding work being done by nonprofits in our community.
- We're raising $10,000 and then splitting it between our 10 filmmaking teams. Each team will receive $1,000 to help cover the hard costs associated with making a film. This includes renting equipment, reserving locations and feeding their crew.
- By donating a minimum of $10, you will be a credited producer of your very own cause-driven film.
- At higher levels you will receive tickets to the screening at the Alamo Drafthouse, a cameo appearance in one of the films, or video coaching sessions by one of our educators.
- If we don't reach our goal, our filmmakers have agreed to split whatever comes in 10 ways. Let's not disappoint them though!
Organizations that use video to get their message out raise more money, recruit more volunteers, and have a larger impact than organizations that don't use video. You can be a very real part of making our Central Texas community better by helping 10 nonprofits create a professional quality video.
- Each benefitting organization has an operating budget under $2,000,000.
- A nonprofit fundraising event with video raises, on average, $10,000 more than a fundraising event without video.
- Video can be used year after year, making your donation something that the organization will use forever.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help:
- Ask folks to get the word out and make some noise about this campaign.
- Come volunteer for Lights. Camera. Help. by writing to email@example.com