Farm of Life: In-Service to Others
Farm of Life is a spiritual, educational and natural healing center located in the rural mountains of Costa Rica. Built as an affordable sanctuary for health and wellness, we are a heart-based business serving to heal people at the level of mind, body and spirit.
This fundraising campaign will support our mission of affordability. We are a break-even business and operate off of our earnings. Upkeep, maintenance and expansion are catching up with us. We ask your support so that we may keep our prices at their most affordable.
Farm of Life has been open for four years: four amazing years of growth, success and development. People leave here awakened, transformed and grateful:
“You may first think it is all about the food, which is wonderful and fresh and prepared masterfully, but it's not. You may then think it's about the yoga, adventure hiking and tours, which are peaceful, beautiful, and exciting, but it's not. Farm of Life is a home that is opened up to you to rest your heart and soul. Come to heal from the inside out. Your outlook will change and therefore so will your life.” Tripadvisor Review
We are Brian and Jody Calvi, the owners of Farm of Life. We educate, inspire and give loving service to guests. Why do we care? We were both once sick with chronic diseases and healed ourselves by adopting a raw food lifestyle, reconnecting to nature and spiritual growth. We are grateful for the transformations that occurred in our own lives and now give back to others in need.
We want our teachings and offerings accessible to all people. We will not raise our prices. We strive to remain affordable so that persons of limited incomes may have life-transforming experiences. We take pride in the fact that people of all ages and walks of life have been our guests and we want many more to come!
Co-Fund the Farm of Life Experience. Join the Family!
This year’s goal is $50,000. We thank you in advance for your donation and appreciate donations of any size. Every dollar counts, and the momentum helps! We’ll be grateful that you thought of us, and hope that you enjoy the perks we have to offer in return.
Here is how your donations will be spent:
· Building Upkeep: Repaint roofs, repair wood rot on balconies and foundations, reseal and varnish exterior wood, repair leak in the spa shower floor, replace window screens, install gutters and add support beams under the Yoga Rancho floor.
· Campus Projects: plant peanut-grass campus wide to help control erosion, build a swing-set, replace decomposing bamboo support beams in the greenhouse and switch out all bamboo in the greenhouse with hardwood.
· Improve Furnishings: Refurbish and re-upholster old furniture, install privacy curtains between balconies, add new furnishings to guest rooms, invest in meditation pillows, construct bunk beds and closets, and construct an altar at the Yoga Rancho.
· Staff Stipends: Offer financial support to deserving volunteers and help with airfare expenses.
· Expansion: Our long-term goal to build a saline pool. Initial expenses are to install a water pump system and conduct an engineer inspection.
Our team is super-talented and they’re ready to work hard on these projects, once the supplies are on hand.
Impacting Humanity…. One Person at a Time
Our hearts are set on continuing to help people transform their lives. With your donation, we can keep our campus as the beautiful sanctuary and healing space that it already is. If you’ve been here, then you know what we mean. If you have not visited Farm of Life yet, this is a perfect opportunity to consider a trip to our sanctuary! Guest testimonials express it best:
“Finca de Vida is a restorative and
soulful place, great for recharging the spirit and getting in touch with what
really matters.” Tripadvisor Review
“Owners Brian and Jody Calvi had a vision of creating a place for guests to connect; with nature, with each other, and each with his or her own health. They have succeeded in a most beautiful way.” Tripadvisor Review
Anyone and everyone can make an impact. Share the links with friends and families. Visit our Facebook page. Donate mileage points (we’ll use them for staff travel, email us separately about this).
If you ever travel to Costa Rica, or desire a personal transformation, please visit Farm of Life and Join the Family!
Thank you all for your support!