As an only man believing in the paranormal, Q.U.A.D takes you on a whole new level of the paranormal. The player takes the role of Craig Hatcher, a skeptic with a dark history and reabsorbed mind. Hatcher decides to explore some of the most haunted places in the world, which puts the player at the viewpoint. With no big camera crews following him around, the player is equipped only with a flashlight, some ghost hunting equipment and themselves, with the hauntings getting scarier and bigger each time. Go through never ending experiences of heart-racing jump scares, pitch black darkness, dynamic hauntings, and more. Along the way, find out the back story to these places and uncover the dark, evil secrets to these hauntings, and find out the true meaning behind the spirits that wonder earth in search of another resting place for eternity.
- Weather System: A Weather System adds atmosphere and makes the game more realistic. Prominent scares and hauntings will be determined by the weather. If it's raining or storming, haunts and scares will be more abundant than when it is clear or dry. Note that all maps will be set at night. Weather will also affect equipment and your flashlight, meaning equipment wand your flashlight will have their life, or yours, short.
- DLC Content: Bi-weekly DLC drops for Q.U.A.D that add new maps, stories, features, mechanics, hauntings, and even more. All DLC content will not cost anything and will be entirely free to the player. Players can expect 2 to 3 new locations in DLC drops. People who pre-order Q.U.A.D will get DLC content up to a week early.
- Flickering Lights: Most lights now flicker when your flashlight is turned off, but turn off when the flashlight is enabled, adding an eerie feeling. Your flashlight will also flicker when it's battery is low.
- XBOX 360 Controller Support : Q.U.A.D will launch a full XBOX 360 Controller support, along with the native mouse and keyboard.
- Scare System: A totally new scare system allows you to experience different hauntings each time. Adding new triggers, loud sounds, multiple, heart-stopping scares, and more. This makes the game more suspenseful and memorable, to make sure that no one will miss anything. Trust me, you won't.
- Flashlight (camera light): Creates a bright, short-ranged light to help you see in the pitch, dark blackness. Your flashlight runs on batteries and goes out every 5 to 10 minutes. Beware that when your flashlight is out, hauntings will happen more often than when it is on. Lights that would be on when the flashlight is normally turned off will not be on. It will flicker when it's battery power is low. To save it from going out or to power it back on, collect batteries at your HQ, which will be located at the front of the map.
- Inventory System: Before you play each map, you will get to add equipment to your inventory. You can use this equipment in-game to gain evidence of the paranormal. Equipment includes camera spikes, parabolic microphones, EMF detectors, Electromagnetic Apparition Field Scanner, energy pumps, etc. You will get a chance to use all of these things to uncover the dark and evil back story of every map. Beware that using equipment will cause scares to become more prominent than not using equipment. To get the full effect, use some equipment and turn off your flashlight. But you might want to keep an extra pair of pants nearby, or change your computer chair to a toilet.
- Amnesia Note System: Notes containing info on the back story of the location will be found in every map just as Amnesia: The Dark Descent does. Every note will lead up to the main story of the game, which will connect to Craig Hatcher's background. A few easter egg notes can be found in special places in every location. Notes can only be read once so read them thoroughly, you never know you might just finish reading a note and turn around only to meet a demon head staring down into your miserable soul.