We are a group of college students from Louisville, KY who started giving back and accidentally started a movement. We were not expecting to even start a movement and it quickly spread to over 60,000 facebook likes and over 43,000 twitter followers. People wanted to start buying the shirts and wristbands we had been giving away for free at the Boys and Girls Club. So we started to sell purp wristbands to pay for this movement. It was amazing to see how many young kids were excited about giving back and wanting to start a Purp Team. High schoolers all over Louisville, KY started unofficial purp team's and now we even have an unoffical purp team in Los Angeles,CA. Other people from cities all over contact us about wanting to start a Purp Team but we don't have the resources. We need your help to get the resources to organize these people who want to start purp teams.
We brainstormed and came up with a way to make helping people fun, easy, and rewarding for the first time ever. Please watch the video above to really understand the idea and the movement.
We are a registered Non Profit with the State of Kentucky but now we are at the point where we need to make this official and become a 501(c)3 tax exempt. If you would like to wait until we are tax exempt to make a donation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you once we are tax exempt.All of this movement was without our app or Purp points. Imagine what the movement would look like with the app and the purp points. The app would be available for all people free of charge.
What we will do with the money:
We will spend the $10,000 on the following:
- A lawyer to help finish filing our 501(c)3 and trademark response letter
- A new website that has a donation button, newsletter sign up, shop, and blog
- Printed materials to send to people wanting to start purp teams
- Marketing materials
Anything more than $10,000, will be spent on the following:
- A mascot
- The app
- Rewards for purp points
- Purp Rallies and live events at the schools
- Merchandise prototypes to sell online, to generate revenue for purp.me
- You will help start a movement that all people of the world can be apart of
- You will help make the golden rule golden
- You will help ignite the compassion of a teenage generation who are already wating to start purp teams
- You will get Limited Edition "I started Purp.me" gear for helping us start Purp.me.
Other Ways You Can Help
- Use the Indiegogo share tool, and share our campaign on facebook, instagram, twitter, email and anywhere else you can.
- Follow us on twitter and instagram @purpme
- Quit my MBA to work full time starting the Purp Movement
- BA in Business Management from the University of Louisville
- Love to help people
- Quit UPS to work full time starting the Purp Movement
- Plays piano and sings for Purp.Me Parties
- Loves to help people
- Performs magic at Purp.Me Parties
- Started the Handy-Helpers Purp Team
- Inspires people by not letting cerebral palsy slow Graham down