First Look Access: Contributors at all pledge levels will now receive first-look access to the new version of the site, before it goes live. You’ll be able to preview, navigate, and even leave comments and feedback directly on the preview version.
Unlocked at $4,000: A 6th surprise token by Inkwell Looter will be included in the Populate, Entwine, and Soulbond Packages.
Drive a Tranquil Bargain
Over the years, I've met some people who have quit playing Magic because they couldn't afford it. We all know it: these cards can be pretty expensive. Crazy expensive, even.
As the game grows in popularity and price, for many people it becomes increasingly difficult to continue playing, and if you're on a budget it's not fun to feel like you lost to the deck that's just packed full of all the expensive stuff.
PucaTrade has already saved its members over $80,000 by completing more than 15,000 trades.
Our Innovative MtG Trading Solutions
- Do you have a hard time finding people to trade with? PucaTrade offers an Intelligent Trade-Matching system that automatically connects you with people who want the cards you're offering.
- Are you tired of arguing over card prices? We were too. Our Card Value Index has the prices of cards pre-loaded, so you'll enjoy a haggle-free trading experience, along with full-value for your cards.
- Are you hesitant to trade by mail? Our Trade Guarantee assures the success of every trade or you’ll be reimbursed in full for the value of your cards, so you can trade with confidence.
Beyond Beta: Our Goals for this Project
Our overarching goal for this project is to make this free-trading service self-sustainable by developing crucial features and tools that will help make the site instantly understandable and accessible; especially to people who are visiting for the first time. We also hope to create branded PucaTrade merchandise that will help to increase the site's membership and thus help to cover the costs of operations.
- GOAL #1: PucaTrade Swag — We've designed great stuff with our logo on it, but we need help covering the cost of production. Help spread the word with PucaTrade Card Sleeves, Playmats, T-shirts, Hoodies, and much more below! If we achieve this goal, Team PucaTrade will also drive to major MtG events and conventions on the West Coast to get the word out.
- GOAL #2: A Delightful User Experience — We will make PucaTrade instantly understandable to people that visit for the first time, and you’ll be able to start trading immediately upon signing up.
- GOAL #3: A Social Community — We’ll build ways to communicate with one another on the site, so that you can leave feedback and rate your experiences with other traders. This will also provide you with more control over who sends you cards.
Visual Elegance for an Intuitive Trading Experience
What happens if we exceed our goal?
Producing branded merchandise to help get the word out is just the beginning. If we exceed our $8,000 goal, all additional funds will be used to continue to build the following features for PucaTrade:
What do I get for donating?
$12, SHROUD: A 100ct pack of our custom card-sleeves emblazoned with the radiant PucaTrade logo. Printed on Legion brand high-quality sleeves.
$15, POPULATE: A set of 5 original tokens by Inkwell Looter. Snake, Wolf, Plant, Beast (within), and Frog-Lizard. Printed on 16pt recycled cardstock.
$20, TRANSFORM: Format buttons by Inkwell Looter. Let everyone know what MtG you're into with 6 of these Legacy, Modern, Standard, Cube, Commander, and Trade buttons.
$25, ENTWINE: Why choose just 1 mode? Gimme the Sleeves, Buttons, and Tokens!
$25, BUYBACK: 2,500 Trade Credits on PucaTrade. Thinking about buying $25 of cards any time soon? Why not get them on PucaTrade and support this project at the same time?
$30, FORTIFY: Roll out to your FNM in style, and represent this new way to trade. Designed by the delightful gent BeardyPlays.
$35, EQUIP: Your choice of our Team PucaTrade T-shirt or the "Circle of Stuff: Green" T by Inkwell Looter. Silkscreened by hand on American Apparel Ultra soft 50/50 poly-cotton T's in Men or Women's XS, S, M, L, and XL.
$55, TOTEM ARMOR: Your choice of our Team PucaTrade Hoody or the "Circle of Stuff: Black" Hoody by Inkwell Looter. Silkscreened by hand on American Apparel Ultra soft Unisex California Fleece Pullover Hoody in XS, S, M, L, and XL.
$75, KICKER: This package includes 2,500 Trade-Credits, our playmat, and your choice of either T.
$90, MULTI-KICKER: This package includes 2,500 Trade-Credits, our playmat, and your choice of either Hoody.
$150, SOULBOND: A cascade of Puca-Merch, along with a Lifetime Membership to the PucaPro Premium Membership Program. You and I are officially homies.
$1,000, MIRACLE: YOU are the real Miracle, and I'm yours for a day. I fly to you anywhere in the US and hand-deliver everything from the SOULBOND package. While I'm in town, we'll celebrate your major contribution to this project by playing some MtG with you and your friends, help play test the new competitive build you're working on, deck-tech all your decks, or whatever you want! (within reason). OR you could come to the San Francisco Bay Area and I'll set up a day of MtG here. Thanks for helping keep the dream of PucaTrade alive!
- What is PucaPro? Our Premium Membership program is a subscription service that unlocks exclusive content and site-features. PucaPro members help keep the site free-to-use and free of ads.
- What will the new version of the site look like? Awesome. Think "Web 2.0." It will be incredibly visual, and our designer has some fantastic ideas about how to improve the PucaTrade experience. Here's a sneak peak of the Send Confirmation screen:
Can I increase my pledge once it’s been made? YES! Once you donate to our campaign, you may want to change your incentive reward to a different one, or increase your pledge amount. To do so, go to Indiegogo and sign in. Go to our campaign page and there, you can manage your donation. If you have any questions, email us.
Risks and Challenges
From a logistical perspective, we have everything we need, except capital. We’ve created the designs, we have developers who are ready to implement them (and turn them into code), and our merchandise makers have all approved our designs.
We feel really fortunate to be collaborating with extremely talented developers, like Topher White and Oscar Carballal (experienced veterans of front and back-end development), and Chris Chambers (a naturally gifted designer who, like me, has been playing MtG since around 1994).
Our love for Magic the Gathering is much of what makes us the perfect candidates to accomplish this goal. We all know what players want—because we’re all players.
With your support, we'll achieve this goal and complete the best trading site the world could ever imagine.
Team on This Campaign: