My name is Mark and I am here to launch my original sunglass line, Proper.
Do you wish you could get a pair of durable, good looking sunglasses for a reasonable price?
If you can’t afford sunglasses by Oakley, Spy, or Ray Ban but still want the quality and look, then this project is for you! Over the years, I have yet to find sunglasses that have a combination of the following 3 qualities: look great, great quality, and affordable price. Below I have listed 3 problems with the selection of sunglasses in today’s market but more importantly, I have listed 3 solutions:
1. Price: An overwhelming majority of the sunglasses offered today are extremely overpriced. For the people who can afford them this is great but let’s face it, spending $100-$400 on a pair of sunglasses is not in everyone’s budget, especially in this current economy. As most everyone knows, it is the name on the side of the sunglasses that you are really paying for.
2. Colors: Standard shades of color have always bothered me. I get tired of seeing the same shade of red, blue, yellow and green. On top of this, most sunglasses have standard tinted lenses or mirror lenses. I have always wanted more color choices for both the frame and the lenses.
3. Quality: Many of the sunglasses in today’s market have tendency to break or become loose (arms and hinges). Another problem is the UV protection and the light filtering ability of the lenses. Many sunglasses provide little to no protection and are not polarized. If you are lucky enough to find quality sunglasses, more times than not they are extremely overpriced!
Available sunglasses for this campaign
1. Price: You won’t pay $100's of dollars for Proper sunglasses; in fact you will never pay over thirty! There will never be price inflation as this company will be built on affordability. After all, my goal from the beginning has been to reach the portion of the population who cannot afford $100-$400 sunglasses. By cutting out the middle man I am able to order directly from my supplier which allows me to offer these sunglasses for hundreds of dollars less than the competitors.
2. Colors: I have found and have been working with a very good sunglass manufacturer that has no limits on design and creativity. Working with this manufacturer, I can create any color of frame and ANY COLOR OF LENS! I can also create clear frames and color clear frames. Want a transparent blue frame with matching lenses? I can do that, I call it Aqua. Want a pink frame with blue lenses? No problem, Cotton Candy is the name. Want a smooth black finish with sunset lenses? That is easy, just ask for Coast. There are literally no limits to colors and designs.
3. Quality: First and foremost these sunglasses are impact resistant and scratch resistant. They are constructed using high quality poly carbonate that allows for bending without breaking. The “give” of these sunglasses is perfect because it makes them durable and does not sacrifice the quality. The lenses are made from high quality anti-scratch AC material. When the lenses are finished, they are soaked in a scratch resistant liquid that makes them stronger. Not only are the lenses polarized but they are also UV400 which means they provide 100% UVA/UVB protection. Many of the lenses I will be utilizing will also have the “mirror” effect, allowing you full vision out, while disallowing people seeing in.
Where Indiegogo comes in (Expenses):
The Big Two: Molding & Production. Both of these take a good investment since the materials I am utilizing are high quality and there needs to be a large production of goods in order to use resources cost effectively. The machines and molds must run a large production number or the costs will skyrocket. In addition, the use of colors (both frames and lenses) are respectively more expensive than standard one color frames with tinted lenses. Producing lenses with the “mirror” effect also adds additional expenses.
Next in line is labeling, packaging, and shipping. Although these areas may sound small when compared to the costs of molding and production, these 3 steps are absolutely necessary for the finished product to ship your door.
With that being said, I need to raise $8,000 in order to make this production a success.
As you can see from the video and pictures, the prototypes are nothing short of amazing. I have many plans in place such as introducing additional styles, limited edition pairs, and creating sunglasses based on customer requests!
If successfully funded, your sunglasses will be at your door before spring!
When you back my project, please be sure to share it with all of your friends by posting the link of this project to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and other blogs and media outlets that will allow others to see this project. Remember, when more people see this project it will result in a better chance of this project getting funded, which in return will allow you to get these awesome sunglasses now and for years to come.
Thank you for your time and thank you for your contribution!!