If you procrastinate, chances are you think it's because you're uncommitted to the project, or maybe lazy or undisciplined. But I promise you that that's not the case. Procrastination, perfectionism and writers block are habits rooted in scarcity and fear and the great news is that once you characterize those barriers and start working to overcome them, you can "magically" recover all the commitment, energy and discipline you thought you had lost. Hi, I'm Hillary Rettig, an author,
coach and workshop leader who specializes in helping ambitious and
creative people from all walks of life use their time better, create
more rewarding careers, and overcome procrastination, perfectionism,
fears and blocks. I am also a vegan, a former
foster mom of four Sudanese refugees ("Lost Boys"), a lover of dogs and other animals, and
donor. A Bronx native, I now live in the wonderful community of
My new book, The Seven Secrets of the Prolific, tells you how.
Read more about me, and also check out numerous free ebooks and other downloads here.
The Seven Secrets of the Prolific will tell you everything you need to know to
liberate yourself from the forces that cause underproductivity,
including perfectionism, resource constraints, time constraints, ineffective writing processes, toxic rejections, bias and internalized oppression, and disempowering career paths. You'll learn, for instance, how to:
- recognize perfectionism in all its forms - and how to recover from it
- resource yourself the way prolific writers do
- increase your writing "tempo" 2x, 3x or even more by replacing a linear process with a two-dimensional one
- manage your time so that you not only get your writing done, but your other important personal and professional priorities
- recognize, and cope with, bias, ambivalence and internalized oppression, even a smidgeon of which can really hold you back
- cope with the silly/annoying/challenging questions, comments and suggestions writers are constantly subjected to (a popular topic in classes!)
- recognize, avoid, and heal from, toxic rejection
- avoid exploitative career paths, and craft an empowered career through self-publishing and other means
and MUCH more.
The Seven Secrets of the Prolific is for all writers, including those who do fiction, nonfiction, memoir, screenplays, and business and nonprofit writing. There's a chapter on writing for the Internet, and a whole section devoted to the needs of graduate students and faculty. Click here for sample chapters.
I need your help to make this venture a success. Here's the challenge:
I'm seeking to fund the project by raising $7,500 through pre-orders, which will be used to print
the paperback, produce the ebook, pay for wonderful art by the
amazing Barry Deutsch (www.amptoons.com),
and do some much-needed promotion. The paperback will retail for
$34.95, including shipping and handling, but you can pre-order it now
for $25 (including s&h) a 29% savings PLUS I'll throw in the ebook for free!
The ebook itself will retail for a super-affordable $3.95, but I'll even discount that to $3 for this promotion.
Additionally, I'm offering you a rare opportunity to purchase the book plus discounted coaching by yours truly a great jump starter for yourself or any writer or student in your life. Click here for more information on my coaching.
Thank you for your interest and support of my work. Please check out the deals, and preorder now. These deals last only until August 15, so don't procrastinate! :-) Please also let others know about this great opportunity. Together, we can improve lives, and help more people become joyful prolific writers.
Writer, Publisher, Workshop Leader, Coach!