PLEASE CONTINUE TO MONITOR WWW.POSTIFIER.COM FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ON OUR RE-LAUNCH.
Click on the logo to view the article
Say goodbye to checking an empty Postbox!
The postbox has been around for centuries. We check them every day before entering the comfort of our home, apartment or flat and far too often find it's empty. Postifier is about to change all that.
Postifier was designed to provide the solution to those pointless frustrating walks to your postbox and back, empty handed. With smartphones as popular as ever we developed a device which sends an instant notification to your smartphone if post arrived during the day.
- Postifier supports iOS and Android
- Uses Bluetooth SMART (Low Energy)
- Has a battery life of between 6 to 9 months
- Average pairing range of 30metres or 100feet
Perfect for these situations
- For the elderly and those with mobility impairment - Prevent them making fruitless trips to check an empty Postbox.
- Long driveways - save those walks back down the driveway or having to get out of your car to check your postbox.
- When carrying heavy bags - save the hassle of having to put down your bags whilst trying to locate your postbox keys.
- When you are inside your home and waiting for the post - you can go to the front door with your smartphone and you will know if the post has arrived (even more useful when its raining and you don't fancy that walk outside in the cold).
- Extreme temperatures or just pure laziness.
Where we are at
Our first prototype was developed based off the original Bluetooth 2.0 version. This was a proof of concept project and allowed us to iron out any issues and to focus on getting Postifier to do exactly what it is suppose to do.
Once we were satisfied with the results, we started work on the next generation Bluetooth SMART (Low Energy) version using a TI system on chip module. We chose this as it increased the battery life significantly and we are achieving between 6 to 9 months life span.
The size of Postifier is also important. We wanted something that sat inside the postbox and wasn't obtrusive. We have managed to squeeze all the components into a size similar to a pack of gum.
We partnered up with experts in the electronics field specialising in sensors and wireless technology. Our engineers have spent the last 8 months designing several PCBs, coding firmware and testing many different sensors and Bluetooth modules.
Real world testing has been completed and we are extremely happy with the results. We felt that it was time to take it to INDIEGOGO and get your support.
Why we need your help
All internal electronics, firmware, connectivity and iPhone app is complete. We focused all our efforts in getting this core area developed first. However we still have work to do.
We are asking for $30,000 which will go directly to:
- The design of the custom, small and weatherproof enclosure
- Final PCB revision
- Component order/procurement (Initial estimated production run of at least 500 units)
- Component assembly
- Regulatory testing and approval
- Android application development
- Packaging design
With the funds raised we will be able to achieve all of the above and get Postifier into your postbox.
Here's How It Works
Postifier has reusuable adhesive, so you stick it to the inside roof panel of your postbox. The sensor detects change in infrared light when post is inserted into your postbox. The Bluetooth module then activates and waits for pairing with your smartphone.
You need Bluetooth enabled and the application running (minimised) in background and that’s all there is to it. You will now be notified on your smartphone before you reach your postbox, or when you drive into your driveway and never again open an empty postbox!
Once the notification appears on your smartphone, the application opens and you press OK. This will get Postifier ready for the following day. It really is that easy!
1. Can we ship internationally? Yes! Please add $10 for international shipping outside of Australia.
2. Which smartphones are compatible? It will work on all current or future iPhone’s (4s, 5 or later) and Android smartphones that support Bluetooth SMART (Low Energy). It will also work with the iPod Touch 5th Gen or later. Please consult your smartphones manual to confirm if it supports Bluetooth SMART (Low Energy).
3. How many smartphones will Postifier work with? Up to 3 smartphones can be paired to receive notifications.
4. What is the battery life expectancy? Based on our testing results, we are achieving a life of between 6 to 9 months (depending on usage). The batteries are replaceable.
5. What is the range of Postifier? We have achieved an average pairing range of 30metres or 100feet during testing; however this depends on factors such as line of sight. We have tested with a metal and wooden postbox.
6. How do I get the Postifier application? Download from the Apple App Store or Google Play - FREE!
7. What temperatures can Postifier operate in? Based on the components datasheets it can operate in -25°C to +85°C. Perfect for all parts of the world.
8. How can I get in contact for further information? Please email email@example.com for any questions.
9. You're a distributor or reseller and would like to carry our product? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org