Facial Recognition for Pets?!
You heard right! We're working with a leading expert in facial recognition technology to develop PiP - one of the most advanced pet identification systems available to help identify lost pets, re-unite them with their owners, and save them from being euthanized in a shelter.
Did you know?
- Dogs and cats in shelters longer than 72 hours can be euthanized
- More than 2.5 million dogs and cats are euthanized every year because their owners cannot be identified in time
You can help change this!
By making a donation to support bringing the PiP smartphone app to market, you can help re-unite lost pets with their owners, and save them from the sad fate many stray animals face when shelters have to put them down. So far, PiP has a 98% accuracy rate for facial matches!
How does PiP work?
- Download the FREE app: PiP will be available for iPhone (and Android in near future).
- Upload pet info: Upload a few photos and details about your pet and your primary and secondary contact information.
- Subscribe: Pay for a one-year subscription to the PiP amber alert service, which equates to about $1.49 a month - a small price to pay for your pet's safety!
- If your pet goes missing: Send out an amber alert through the PiP network (including veterinarians, animal control/rescue agencies, and social media) and to other PiP users. Once a facial match is made, you're notified immediately (or your secondary contact is notified if you are unreachable).
- Get support: A PiP Customer Care Representative will be your contact throughout the search to give you ongoing support and updates about your search status.
Your donation goes a long way to support animals everywhere
With your donation to PiP Indiegogo campaign, you're helping:
- Finalize design and marketing of the PiP smartphone app and amber alert system
- Donate PiP subscriptions to shelters in your community, who can give the subscriptions to people as they adopt pets
We will do our part!
PiP will donate 2% of profits to the SPCA, Humane Society or other rescue agencies that operate in the state or province where PiP subscribers are located.
Other ways you can help...
Spread the word! Use Indiegogo's share tools to tell all your friends about the PiP app and send them a link to our campaign!!
When launched, download the free app and be ready to use it! Should you ever find a pet that is lost, help us reunite that pet with its rightful owner by taking a photo of the pet and uploading it to our system.
Together we can make a difference!
See Who's Talking...!
What is a "PiP"?
PiP stands for “Positive Identification of Pet” and refers to the "positive match" determined by our facial recognition technology between a photo of a registered pet and a photo of a found pet uploaded into our system.
What is a PiP subscription?
A 12 month paid registration of a single pet which provides pet owners with immediate access to the PiP amber alert system, should their pet go missing.
How much will it cost?
The PiP app will be a free download for all Smartphone users. Pet owners who wish to register their pet will pay an annual fee for a PiP subscription, equal to $1.49 per month.
How does it work?
A pet owner completes the PiP registration, identifying contact information and their pet's breed, age, size and gender, takes a few photos of their pet's face, and uploads these to the cloud-based PIP platform.
At the moment a pet goes missing, an owner can activate a PiP "amber alert” and immediately broadcast to animal control/animal rescue agencies, veterinarians, social media outlets, and other app subscribers within a 10 mile radius that their pet has been lost. Simultaneously, the amber alert will trigger PiP's technology to watch social media outlets for any posting of a found pet.
Any found pet uploaded via the PiP app, whether by an animal control/animal rescue agency, veterinarian, app subscriber or good Samaritan, will immediately be analyzed using PiP facial recognition technology to determine a PiP between the found pet and a pet registered in our system.
When a PiP is determined, the pet owner will be notified immediately that their lost pet has been found!! Should the pet owner be unavailable, secondary contacts will be notified.
When will the PiP app be available for download?
Soon! The PiP app will be available for download through the Apple App Store in Fall 2013.
Will the PiP app be available to android subscribers also?
Yes, in the near future.
When will I receive my perks?
Subscriber codes will be forwarded at app launch; t-shirts and PiP Squeak toys will be shipped within 4 - 6 weeks of app launch.
Team on This Campaign:
Founder & CEO
VP of Consumer Marketing
VP of Strategic Alliances, Channel Partners
Lead R&D Engineer, Facial Identification
Lead Software Development Engineer
Chief Technology Officer
Social Media Guru