Thank you for finding us on Indiegogo and expressing interest in our idea!
Getting people to save for the long term is difficult, but it is necessary for future well-being. The biggest deterrent to convincing many people to save money is that there is no immediate satisfaction; retirement, a mortgage on a house, or a future family seem like distant goals, so saving for the future gets put off to satisfy immediate needs and wants. Saving is perceived as a chore with no immediate, tangible results. Our goal is to change this perception of saving so that people start saving earlier and contribute more often.
Who Are We?
We are a group of Design MFA students at California College of the Arts who are interested in motivating people to think beyond the present, and to save for their long-term goals.
How Do We Work?
We have designed a business idea that pairs long-term savings contributions with short-term rewards. We call it PERK, and it works like this:
1. Your employer signs up with PERK.
2. When you start a new job, or when you decide that it’s time to start saving, you are offered the opportunity to enroll in PERK.
3. PERK makes sure that a predetermined amount (for example, 5%) of whatever percentage your employer adds to your 401 K goes into an account called REWARDS.
4. REWARDS is an account that you can access any time you want to buy something.
5. You can also access the PERK website to select from a wide range of vouchers from our partnering retailers that are available exclusively to PERK members.
This way you save for your future while accumulating some guilt-free money to buy what you want now.
Save with PERK & make saving REWARDING!
Your Contribution Makes a Difference
Please help us win our class competition by contributing $1.00 to our $500 goal. A dollar lets us know that you liked our idea! All money raised from this Indiegogo campaign goes to the non-profit organization Architecture for Humanity, a charity that designs and constructs architectural solutions for communities in need. Help these communities by contributing support for our business idea.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to the satisfying feeling of knowing that you contributed a dollar to a good cause, get recognized! We really do appreciate your support, and we want everyone to know it! Donate a dollar and look for your name on PERK’s facebook page http://www.facebook.com/perkingitup! We will have a surprise for you!
Other Ways You Can Help
Can't donate, but still want to help out? Show your support for PERK by:
-Liking us on Facebook!
-Sharing a link to our campaign page! The more people that learn about our campaign, the better!