Parker1 is a low-cost WiFi / 4G mobile robot with vision ability. It runs with two popular open source software, Arduino compatible code for easy robot programming, and OpenWrt router OS for a variety of connectivity over WiFi, 4G etc.
Let the users get playing on Parker1 just with a browser device on hand. Parker1 is preloaded with a basic, in full-function codes. And the source codes would be open on internet, hopefully turns into a community-based support system.
How to Command Parker1 on Play?
The motion control of Parker1 is quite simple. The user opens a browser window and issues the motion control commands (in ASCII char format) to Parker1 via cgi-script. Then OpenWrt passes it as serial data to ATMEGE328, which runs an Arduino serial monitor and executes the motions accordingly.
As the Arduino lovers, you can just focus on Arduino coding upon the commands received from the serial monitor. And it is possible to add-on extra sensors / circuits with the ATMEGA328 IO pinout header on board. The data pass-over by OpenWrt is transparent to you, the preloaded firmware already take care of it. The video streaming is enabled at boot time, just let the users get started with no plain!
If you are familiar with OpenWrt, Parker1 gives you the freedom in network and webcam config customization.
- Atheros AR7240 running OpenWrt with WiFi / 4G connectivity support
- Atmel ATMEGA328 running Arduino compatible codes
- Standard USB webcam module for MJPEG capture, and streaming over network by mjpg-streamer plug-in in OpenWrt
- 2-wheels system plus one servo for tilting, provides all axes of robot and webcam motions
- Various on-board USB peripheral options (via a USB hub to AR7240)
- ATMEGA328 serial port via FTDI FT2332RL
- micro-SD reader (port sharing with ATMEGA328)
- USB audio
- 3G / 4G USB dongle
- Atheros AR7240 400MHz MIPS-core network processor with 64MB DDR RAM and 16MB SPI flash (firmware storage)
- Mini-PCIe slot for WiFi / 4G cards, support both full-size / half-size card
- 1port 10/100M Fast Ethernet (by AR7240 on-chip Eth. Controller)
- AR7240 console access via FTDI FT2332RL
- 30.0M USB webcam module
- 4-port USB hub
- USB audio
- micro-SD card reader
- Type-A USB connector for 3G / 4G USB dongle
- Atmel ATMEGA328 16MHz micro-controller
- ATMEGA328 serial port via FTDI FT2332RL (To AR7240 / user-accessible on USB mini-B connector)
- Toshiba TB6612FNG dual motor driver
- ATMEGA328 IO pinout header
- 3-pin header for SG90 servo
- 2.4G WiFi printed antenna
- 1300mAH 3.7V Li-ion battery, for 30 minutes system power
3 Configs for WiFi / 4G Connect
What's Included in "Parker1 WiFi Kit"?
“Parker1 WiFi Kit” is first available at launch. The users need “Assembly-It-Yourself” with standard cross screwdriver and pliers.
- 1pc Parker1 main board
- 1pc 30.0M USB webcam module with cable and mount accessories (Currently mjpg-streamer supports 352x288 pixels in our demo.)
- 2pcs 30mm-Dia. wheels and geared motors, with mount accessories
- Atheros AR9285 / 9287 1x1 BGN 150M WiFi mini-PCIe half-size card, with full-size extension adopter and RF pigtail for antenna connection
- 1pc 1300mAH 3.7V Li-ion battery
- 1pc “USB Type-A to USB Mini-B” cable for PC connection and battery charging
What We're Going on?
We just have developed the first working prototype of Parker1 which we demonstrated in the video.
To bring Parker1 to market and offer it at a low price at launch, we want to raise $35,000 to get Parker1 into first production. We plan to sell Parker1 WiFi kit at retail price of $149 (International shipping included).
Just focus on Parker1 we all wanted, we offer "Parker1 WiFi kit" as a major reward to those backers. And the first production is exclusive for those backers here.
When this crowd funding campaign gets closed, we would start the process of first volume production. It should take within two months. First Customer Shipment is expected in the end of SEP.
Thanks for your interests and contributions to Parker1 project.