Update 9/4 - Last Chance to Donate: Today is the LAST DAY to donate to the www.OurWitness.com #ourWitness campaign! Make your voice heard! All donations must be in by 11:59pm tonight in order to be counted.
funds we raise above and beyond our goal will go towards building
additional features to our new web platform (i.e. the ability for users
to vote for stories to appear on the front page of the site, ability to
follow other user profiles, create bookmarks of favorite stories, and
In this last video of our campaign, members of our WitnessHK team share about the heart and mission behind the online Witness movement:
Update: 9/3 - The Faces Behind The Movement: Members of our team in Toronto, WitnessTO share about what the online Witness movement means to them, and how it's impacting the city of Toronto.
Update: 8/16 - The Faces Behind The Movement: The Managing Editors of our team in Hong Kong, WitnessHK, share their vision and plans for the upcoming season.
What This is About
- We run a network of Christian testimony blogs online
- By supporting us, you are helping us share the gospel online, on Facebook and on other social media with hundreds of thousands of people around the world
- Our mission is to be a platform for everyday people to share their stories and testimonies with their cities and with the world through the power of social media
- We've outgrown our current websites and need a more powerful website to serve our readers better and meet their needs
- We have a design for our new platform and it will cost us $8,000 USD to build
- With your help, our new website will launch in November or December of 2013
Who We Are
The Witness 2.0 Network was founded in January 2010 when three friends in Los Angeles decided they wanted to start a Christian testimony blog (WitnessLA.org) to record what God was doing in their life. What they originally thought would be a fun way to share stories with family and friends has since turned into an international movement of everyday people around the world using the power of Facebook and social media to share the gospel and encourage other believers online.
In just three and a half years, our network has grown into four different websites: WitnessLA.org, WitnessHK.com, WitnessTO.com and WitnessSF.org, in four different cities and across two continents. To date, nearly 200,000 people around the world have visited our sites, and readers have written to us from as far as Denmark, Malaysia and Kenya to share how much the stories and testimonies we've shared have moved them and touched their lives. What started with just three people is now over thirty team members and hundreds of story contributors worldwide.
Because we have grown so much and our team keeps expanding, we needed a unified, scalable, and more powerful interactive platform that would allow us to continue our mission of sharing testimonies of Jesus Christ with our cities and with the world and to connect and interact with our readers in a more intimate and personal way. After months of brainstorming and working with a team of web designers and web developers, we came up with our new platform OurWitness.com:
What The New Platform Will Allow Us to Do for Our Readers
1) A LIVE WORLDWIDE FEED - Readers will be able to see what God is doing in everyday people's lives around the world, all at one place on a unified platform through our worldwide feed (see above image).
2) LOCAL HOMEPAGES FOR THEIR CITY OR REGION - As our team grows, each city will have a local site reporting stories and testimonies that are local and relevant to them:
3) DIRECT UPLOADING OF STORIES - Readers can upload their stories and testimonies, whether in text or video, directly through the website, where our editors will then review and publish them for the world to see:
4) LOCAL RESOURCES - Readers will be able to find local resources, including links to churches in their area and a calendar of events in their city where they can interact with others in person:
5) LIVE CHAT - We'll be hosting regular live web chats, where readers can chat with us in real time, ask questions about God, and receive prayer:
6) INTERACTIVE PRAYER WALL - We'll have an interactive prayer wall where readers can leave prayer requests, pray for others and know that they are not alone:
What Will This Cost to Build?
We've already designed the new web platform, and we just need to hire a team of web developers to build it out for us. After getting bids from a number of different developers, we found a talented web development company that is willing to do this project for us for only $8,000 USD with a two to three month build out.
We're turning to you - our readers and supporters, to help us raise the $8,000 USD we need to make our new website design into a reality.
We've already reached hundreds of thousands of people around the world and planted local missionary teams in four major cities. With the new platform, we believe we will reach millions, and we will light up our map with the stories and testimonies of people around the world who are encountering the love of Jesus Christ online.
Many people in this generation would never themselves go to a church. So that's why we do what we do - bring the church to them, where they are. And increasingly, that's on social media websites like Facebook. Every page on our platform is social media connected, and our stories are easy to share and like on Facebook. Together, with your help, we're share our stories and testimonies with the world in a real, personal and socially relevant way.
Other Ways You Can Help
1) Pray for us! This is a big mission and calling. We are claiming the internet for Jesus.
2) Support us by changing your Facebook profile picture and cover photo to the following images for the next month and in the captions include the hastag #ourwitness and a link to OurWitness.com. All of the Witness teams and contributors will be doing this worldwide. Let's start a movement together and get people talking!
3) Throughout the next month, use the hashtag #ourwitness on Twitter and Facebook to share your thoughts on how important it is to share the gospel online and on social media, and include a link to OurWitness.com. Use the hashtag everywhere and with everyone!
4) Help us get the word out about our campaign. Share a link to OurWitness.com on your Facebook Wall or on the Walls of your friends.
5) LIKE us on Facebook at our local team pages:
6) Send us your story or testimony:
God bless you and thank you for your support!
- The Witness 2.0 Team Worldwide
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Galatians 6:9
Team on This Campaign:
Founder, Witness 2.0 Network and Managing Editor, WitnessLA (Los Angeles)
OurWItness Video Team Leader, and Editor, WitnessLA (Los Angeles)
Team Member, WitnessTO (Toronto)
Team Member, WitnessHK (Hong Kong)
OurWitness Fundraising Team Leader, and Editor, WitnessLA (Los Angeles)