** Important Information **
We are a FIXED FUNDING Campaign. This means two important things:
- We don't keep ANY of the money if we don't reach our target.
- You will not be out of pocket if we don't succeed.
So, it's risk free for you: A Cat Cafe in London, or your money back!
What are we doing?
We're opening a Cat Cafe in London! It's a place where you can spend time with the friendly cats who live in our cafe.
It's not just about being able to play with the cats. It's about the whole experience: a small indulgence, a place to forget about your day and unwind. It's about coming in from the cold to a comfortable wingback chair, a hot cup of tea, a book, and a cat.
We want you to come in and feel special, relaxed, and cared for. Just like our cats!
Where will the funds go?
You will be contributing to startup costs for the cat cafe. This includes:
- Creating a cat playground: We're going to do a lot of custom design and building
- Cat adoption costs
- Medical checks, vaccinations and neutering
- Toys, beds, grooming brushes, cat food and litter
- Cafe setup costs - coffee machines, cups, plates (everything!)
- Furnishings: cosy sofas and luxuriant chaises, cushions, side tables
- Initial product inventory: New books, postcards and memorabilia
- Initial services inventory and costs: Wifi installation, stocking the free-to-swap-library with books, boardgames to play
- Public liabilty and other insurances, animal licences
- Settling: We can't open immediately! We need to give our kitties time to settle in before everyone comes in
We have some great perks for contributors, including vouchers that allow discounted - or even unlimited - entry.
Will you make a difference?
You will make all the difference. We don't want to take anyone's money unless we know we're going to deliver on our promises. That's why we've gone for fixed funding: We will bring London the best cat cafe experience possible, or we won't do it at all. We don't expect people to invest in second best.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you can't fund this project but you want to help, please spread the word far and wide so that we can get enough interest and funding to proceed.
Send your friends a link to this page and encourage them to follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
Press about Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium
- Toronto Star
- Time Out London
- The Independent (article #1)
- The Independent (article #2)
- The Daily Mail
- Digital Spy
- Marie Claire
- Stylist Magazine
- Female First Magazine
- Bitter Wallet
- Obsessed With London
- Yahoo! News
- Planet Ivy
- Drowned in Sound
- The Pussington Post
- Refinery 29
- Lifestyle News Global (requires login)
- The Pet Health Information Organisation UK
- Berriewood Wholesale
- The Appointment.co.uk
- Business Insider
- Discovery News
- Modern Cat
- Broke In London
- Mistrz Branzy (Polish article, requires translation)
- Harringay online
- Made in Shoreditch
Radio and Podcasts
Chief Crazy Cat Lady, Business Development