What's happening now?
Thanks to incredible people in London and around the world, we raised £109,510 on February 15 2013 to open a luxurious space for cats and people to share in a spirit of relaxation and joy in East London.
Since then, we've been hard at work finding the perfect property, negotiating the red tape of opening a new type of business in the U.K and sharing our progress with our wonderful supporters via our social media networks.
We don't have a confirmed opening date or address yet: we have an inkling, but we want to be sure before we make any big announcements.
Where will the cat cafe be?
The Cat Emporium will be in East London, near Shoreditch and will be easily accessible by public transport.
Do I need to book?
We recommend making a booking - no queues, no stress, no missing out! We will launch an online booking system at the same time as we announce our opening date. 80% of the seats in the cafe can be pre-booked, the remaining 20% are available for walk-ins.
Each session is for 2 hours, and sessions are offset from each other to ensure the cats aren't stressed by a full cafe of people leaving and arriving all at once.
I heard there is a cover charge, is this true?
Yes. There is a £5 cover charge to cover the costs of keeping the cats well and healthy and to cover the training costs for our staff to care for them.
I'm not paying a cover charge for a cafe!
If you're after a cafe experience, we will have a cat-free space that overlooks the cat area for you. This section of the Cat Emporium will have no cover charge and will not require a booking. If you're after a cat experience, however, the cover charge applies.
Please watch this space or join us on Facebook or Twitter to keep up with our progress and we look forward to seeing you at the Cat Emporium!
Press about Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium
- Toronto Star
- Time Out London
- The Independent (article #1)
- The Independent (article #2)
- The Daily Mail
- Digital Spy
- Marie Claire
- Stylist Magazine
- Female First Magazine
- Bitter Wallet
- Obsessed With London
- Yahoo! News
- Planet Ivy
- Drowned in Sound
- The Pussington Post
- Refinery 29
- Lifestyle News Global (requires login)
- The Pet Health Information Organisation UK
- Berriewood Wholesale
- The Appointment.co.uk
- Business Insider
- Discovery News
- Modern Cat
- Broke In London
- Mistrz Branzy (Polish article, requires translation)
- Harringay online
- Made in Shoreditch
Radio and Podcasts
Chief Crazy Cat Lady, Business Development