OnSong is used by thousands of musicians around the world to organize, prepare, practice and perform music. Due to overwhelming demand, we are looking to build OnSong for Android tablets. Help us reach our goal to build the best music app possible for Android.
What Is OnSong?
Take your binder of music and lead sheets and throw it away. OnSong stores your entir music repertoire of music in a thin, lightweight device of your choosing. Take the stress and time of preparation out of the equation so you can focus on your music. Features:
- Holds thousands of songs in the palm of your hand.
- Transpose or capo with a brush of your finger.
- Format chords and lyrics for optimum viewing.
- Annotate your chord charts with sticky notes or drawing right on it.
- Write your own songs or edit existing ones with songwriting tools.
- Quickly pull set lists and organize your event.
- Share effortlessly with your band members
- Tap on chords and see how they are played on many instruments.
- Autoscroll or use wireless foot pedals for hands-free operation.
- Playback your music files for practice, or for solo musicians.
- Tap the tempo and play to a click track with a built-in metronome.
- Integrates with online chord libraries for quality, legal content.
- All of this for less than the price of that binder filled with sleeves and paper!
What We Need
OnSong is a small company of just a few people working hard to design, build and support the best music app for mobile devices. We are working to grow the company to support new features and platforms. In order to move to a second platform, we need to raise funds. Here's what funding this project will do:
- Hire a second developer to focus on the Android version of OnSong.
- Allow us to focus full time on the Android version as a priority project.
- Ensure that we can build a business that can support multiple platforms.
What You Get
We believe in delivering value for a great price so we are making sure that your investment will go a long way! We have different funding levels to fit your budget.
- Invest at a base level and receive our heartfelt thanks and a special gift.
- Download OnSong for Android when it's ready and receive free updates for life.
- Get full training videos for you and your team.
- Get the full package with a wireless foot pedal for hands-free operation.
- Limited edition OnSong t-shirts and awesome marketing materials.
In early 2010, Jason Kichline had a vision to create an app that would help church worship teams and musicians become more effective with their talent. By making an app, chord charts could be made digital and instantly transposeable reducing stress and placing the focus on music and ministry. OnSong was one of the first 2,000 apps available on the iPad app store. OnSong continues to be one of the top music apps and has become indispensible to many musicians.
In early 2012, the husband and wife team of Jason and Jaime Kichline started OnSong as a full-time venture. Jason left the business he started 12 years earlier to devote completely to the project. Jaime had become a vital part of the team as product and support liason. OnSong works closely with veterans of the music industry and continue to build staff to support our user base.