THANK YOU TO THE 125 FUNDERS WHO BELIEVED IN THIS PROJECT!
We reached our goal 2 hours before our Final Performance downtown San Francisco!
I am immensely grateful. Thank you!
Hello my Friends!
This has been an extraordinary project! It's almost coming to a close and we need YOUR support to cover all of our productions costs.
With the support of the community, we've taught the Break the Chain choreography to 1000 people through out the Bay Area and launched 4 viral videos reaching over 250,000 people globally in 3 weeks! We estimate at 1600 people the number of dance activists who participated in the flash mob in front of City Hall on Feb. 14th, day of One Billion Rising. We've reached people across generations, races, walks of life, including transforming the lives of women and men inmates. It's been a powerful unifying and healing experience.
Do you love and believe in what we've been doing together? Can you feel the power of it? Please DONATE TODAY to help us reach our crowd funding goal and encourage your friends to join this effort too.
Here are links to the videos that we launched:
- Inmates Rising
- One Billion Rising Flash Mob
- Her Stories: the Healing Power of Dancing in One Billion Rising (short documentary)
- Break the Chain Choreography tutorial
We hope to be dancing with you on Friday downtown SF in honor of the International Women's Day! More info, click here.
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR JOINING THIS AMAZING EFFORT!
Magalie and the Her Rising Team!
In support to Eve Ensler's global call to get One Billion People to strike, rise and dance in the streets on February 14th 2013 to end Violence and Sexual Oppression against women and girls, we are creating in the Bay Area a Dance Flash Mob intended to embody beauty, resilience, authenticity, courage and sense of solidarity with the One Billion Rising movement.
Her Rising flash mob intends to be a comprehensive, inter-generational, inter-cultural, multi-ethnic, audience participatory performance. The performance intends to be enlivening, inspiring and empowering – both for participants, audience and online viewers.
Dance is one of the most powerful, enlivening, healing and unifying ways to experience the joy of life and celebrate the fullness of our humanity. It gives us a chance to break down walls that has kept up too often feel separate and connect to something much bigger then ourselves. It has the power of generating a field of compassion, beauty, power and community that is palpable, transformative and infectious.
Rehearsals as vehicle for transformation
18 transformative Rehearsals are planned in 3 counties. Many more will be trained teachers in their own schools and communities. Each rehearsals will invite the participants of the flash mob to deepen their own understanding around violence and oppression against women and how it has affected their lives, and heal through different somatic healing techniques.
3 street performances are planed in 5 locations:
- January 26th, in San Francisco. This performance will be professionally filmed by a crew of 15-20 people. The footage will be turned into a short viral video that will be released in the media on the day of One Billion Rising.
- Feb. 14th 2013, Day of One Billion Rising: the world's biggest day of Action ever happened focused on this Global Issue.
- A final Performance is planned on the International Women's Day, March 8th 2013 in San Francisco.
HOW WE’LL MAKE THIS A VIRAL FLASH MOB VIDEO
Our national partners National Organization of Women, CODEPINK Women for Peace and V-DAY are powerful engine committed to disseminate the flash mob through their different channels from mailing lists to social media. All together, their national mailing lists combine include 1 million people! That’s close to 1 million people that will receive an opportunity to view the flash mob from their mail box. Also, each of those partners will be great allies in supporting getting media coverage, leading up to the event and the day of. Last year, the One People flash mob made it on Fox News, MoveOn.org and was featured on 4 other news channel
BECOME A DANCE FUNDER!
We really can't make this happen without your help. So far this project has been carried by passion, awesome volunteers, a sense of humor, donated spaces, and a year travelling the world sharing the power of artistic rituals for the common good.
The more we raise, the bigger the flash mob will be and the more we will create together the foundation for Dancing without Borders to expand the power of music, dance and transformative art by building projects with a growing community of artists and healers who want to create more collaborative art for the common good that is healing and awakening.
Need your donation to be tax-deductible?
It is possible. Please write to Magalie a request. Her contact is at the bottom. Just note that this will take an extra 5% away as admin fee.
WHERE YOUR MONEY WILL GO
With $20,000 we will be able to cover the following costs.
* Note that we’re able to keep the costs very low considering that most of the people involved are donating their times and sharing their resources, whether it's space to rehearse, equipment or talents.
- Professional film crew of 15-20 (includes 10 filmers, 2-5 PAs, director, 2-weeks of editing with an excellent editor, production manager, director)
- Get the permits to perform on different six sites on 3 occasions.
- Engage 4 professional youth and adult multi-cultural dance companies who will take part of the performance.
- Build an outreach campaign to dancers to get 200 participants minimum.
- Create a track with a DJ on sound track
- Work with Choreographer Tina Banchero of Dance Brigade.
- Engage 50 professional modern, belly dance, African dance, hip hop, dancers and more.
- Teach weekly 2-hours rehearsals in Marin, East Bay and San Francisco for 6 weeks.
- 600 roses for the ritual part of the performance
- Produce a video flash mob tutorial allowing people to learn from their living rooms and schools.
- Launch a media & social media campaign leading up to each event to maximize exposure in the news and social media, in partnership with N.O.W and CODEPINK Women for Peace.
- Offer 18 rehearsals in 3 Bay Area locations. And make them something that is opened to everyone regardless of their ability to give a donation for their participation.
- Offer two half day workshop for artists, healers and change-makers to support and empower them as trail blazer for a new future. To find out more about these events. Check out www.herrising.org
- Form partnerships with dozens of NGOs and community groups to support media strategy, distribution and outreach to dancers and dance companies.
- Build www.HerRising.org website, as well as a social media campaign that will support outreach and community building.
With $25,000 raise, we will be able to:
- Facilitate teachers from low-income communities to go teach in their communities the choreography, making this healing community dance accessible to many more people in need.
- Support a minimum of 50 low-income folks with transportation stipends to enable them to participate in the performance.
Note: During the past 14 months, I've been working full time producing 9 large-scale productions 90% volunteer, living off the gift economy. My life has been filled with miracles based on spontaneous acts of generosity. After a year of incredible success at so many levels, Dancing without Borders is ready to become more sustainable for myself and our amazing team.
WHAT YOU GET (Wow!)
More than anything else, you get the satisfaction of being part of something both meaningful, inspiring and FUN; something our culture needs desperately to renew its spirit and rise! In addition, there're a lot of great creative offerings that you get to receive on the right.
LET'S DANCE FOR A BETTER FUTURE!
Thank you so much for contributing what you can. Your offering is the greatest gift you can offer us in this festive time of Celebration. An awakening experience that will stay in hundreds of people's heart is priceless.
If you don't live in the Bay Area but want to organize your own event in your own community, please do! Sign up on www.OneBillionRising.org for more details.
JUST SHARE IT ANY WAY YOU CAN!
Whether you can donate or not, you can help by spreading the word. Send an email to your friends, pin a post about it on your Facebook page, comment about it on other FB pages, share it with group lists, tweet about it, retweet our tweets, or go dance it in the streets!
WHY YOU CAN TRUST DANCING WITHOUT BORDERS
Dancing without Borders, founded in 2011 by Magalie Bonneau-Marcil, is a Bay Area initiative focused on producing and facilitating interactive dances to raise consciousness. To this day, Dancing Without Borders has created nine large scale flash mobs and human aerial art rituals which gave support to campaigns led by Greenpeace, Amazon Watch, CODEPINK, the Whale Foundation, the Occupy Movement and the International Day of Peace, among others. In collaboration with our international partners, we gathered thousands of people from all over the world in South Africa, Brazil, Panama, Portugal and the US, sending wake up calls through our bodies. Our work gained worldwide attention, from the One People Flash Mob video going viral on YouTube to exposure in multiple international newspapers, magazines and TV newscasts.
Here’s a list of all the Partners that are on board!
CODEPINK Women for Peace, V-Day, Conscious Dancer Magazine, National Organization of Women SF, Harmony Festival, Interplay, Dancing Freedom, Soul Sanctuary, Destiny Arts, Dance Mission, Dance Brigade, Ecstatic Dance Community, California Institute of Integral Studies, Women's TransDance Circles, Move Me Studio, Ecstatic Dance.
I’d love to be in touch so don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re trying to donate and having any trouble at all paying, just send me an email and someone on the team will help you out. And really, you can always just send us a check to Embodied Visionary.
I'm delighted by your awesomeness, your open-heartedness and generosity!
LET’S DANCE our way into a better future!
Team on This Campaign: