We’re so proud of our first 3 SEASONS of Shelf Life! Check out the first two here: www.ShelfLifeSeries.com. Season 3 is currently airing as you read this! And it is time to raise the bar, and bring you even more action figure fun!
For those of you who are new to our world: Our show is about 4 action figures misbehaving on a young boy’s shelf. A parable for life in today’s complicated, ever-changing… Okay, it’s Toy Story with more sex, drugs and insanity. We’re extremely proud of it, and viewer response has been overwhelmingly joyous. We will save the world. With laughter.
Who are we? Well check out our video and see! We formed Monkey Kingdom Productions in 2004 to produce fun, exciting, high quality content and after several films, a play and a book, this is our proudest moment yet!
For those of you who don’t know us, here is a partial list of the people involved:
- Yuri Lowenthal (actor/writer/producer) is known for his acting in cartoons and video games, most notably Ben 10, Prince of Persia and Naruto.
- Tara Platt (actor/producer) is also known for her work in animation & video games (Legion of Superheroes, DC vs Mortal Kombat) and on TV (Castle, Revenge)
- Travis Willingham (actor) is a veteran of animation & video games as well, but also boasts credits on Nip/Tuck, The Guardian and the upcoming To Have and to Hold.
- Bryan Enk (actor) has directed many films (The Big Bad, Midnight Days) but is also an accomplished New York theatre actor with scores of plays under his belt.
- Dee Bradley Baker (actor) is a well-known voice actor famous for such shows as The Clone Wars, Avatar: The Last Airbender and American Dad!
- Steven Calcote (director/producer/editor) is a founder of the production company Butcher Birds and produced the hit webseries The Real Girls Guide to Everything Else.
- Travis Stevens (director/producer) is also a founder of Butcher Birds and in addition to his work at Nickelodeon directed the films Linked and Silver Moon.
- Paul Jenkins (writer/director) is an Eisner Award-winning author (The Sentry, Wolverine: Origin) and created and directed the hit video game The Darkness.
- Stephanie Thorpe (producer/actor) is a web juggernaut, having produced and acted in the award-winning shows Elfquest: A Fan Imagining and After Judgment.
- Bear McCreary (composer) has composed the scores for many films and TV series, most notably Battlestar Galactica, The Walking Dead, Eureka and The Cape.
- Brendan McCreary (composer) fronts his band Young Beautiful and in a Hurry and most recently starred in and recorded music for the horror-comedy Chillerama.
What We Need & What You GetWe need $30,000 to move forward and make another season (an even BIGGER BETTER OFF-THE-SHELF SEASON!). As we showcase amazing costumes, graphics, music, props, and all of the things that it takes to put together a show like this.
What can you expect to see in Season 4?
- More fancy guest stars! (we have a list of awesome folks including people from your favorite TV shows, films and video games)
Kickass new costumes! (you think we're sexy now...)
- More time off the shelf! (and all the fun that entails)
- Serialized episodes with stories that stretch over a whole season! (without losing the comedic fast-paced fun)
- Implied nudity! (okay, that's mostly in there for Yuri)
- Stronger markers for Hero Lass! (chasing that dragon is hard, folks)
- Wenches for Samurai Snake! (the guy needs wenches)
- A brain for Hero Man! (we can always hope, right?)
- A muzzle for Bug Boy! (please....!!)
What will you get for your donation? Well besides all the fancy premiums, we pledge that EVERY SINGLE DAY OF OUR CAMPAIGN we will post at least one piece of NEW SHELF LIFE CONTENT. That’s right, EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR 30 DAYS! That’s not only epic, but downright crazy. You’ll get interaction with the characters, photos, behind-the-scenes footage and interviews! Plus your donation gets you a higher quality better show! To see the 30 days of content visit our Tumblr. If the link above doesnt work, try typing in: http://shelflifetheseries.tumblr.com/
Why can you trust us with your money? The first 3 completed seasons are our pledge to you that we will follow through on number 4! To take it to new heights and bring you a better Shelf Life experience, we’re going to need YOUR help. And if you can’t donate money, please take a minute and forward this to your friends. Hell, tell your enemies about us! Tweet us, Facebook us, Tumbl and Pinterest us (myspace us if you have to)!What happens if we DON’T reach our goal, you ask? Well, we’ve chosen to assume otherwise (cause we're optimistic folk), but in the unlikely event that we don’t, every cent of your hard-earned money will still go into making the best damn show we can. We’ve proved awful resourceful so far, and we have no intention of giving up now!