- My name is Andrew Modeen, a writer and filmmaker from the Seattle area. I’m a lifelong fan of the TMNT, and am also the guy responsible for the Image TMNT comic book conclusion that you can read about here: http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/tmnt/vol3.html
- “Odyssey” is a 90+ graphic fan novel that features four elderly Mirage TMNT plucked from near-death to reunite and go on one last journey across Time and the Multiverse (including peeks into the various other TMNT universes fans may be familiar with including the original cartoon, the 4Kids cartoon, the Archie universe, and more surprises) to stop the erasure of all of existence by a sinister evil with ties of his own to the four brothers. Also haunting the TMNT are Savanti Romero and his resurrected wife, Savanti Juliet. Along for the ride familiar faces aid the Turtles including Renet, Cudley Cowlick, Slash, and more. Think "The Dark Knight Returns" meets "Turtles Forever" with a dash of "The Neverending Story" and you might have some idea what to expect.
- The book is illustrated by Jim Lawson, veteran TMNT artist who has been drawing the TMNT since nearly the very beginning. Classics like “Sons of the Silent Age,” “Return to New York,” “City at War,” Tales of the TMNT Vol. 1, the entirety of TMNT Vol. 2 (Mirage), TMNT Vol. 4, and a great deal of Tales of the TMNT Vol. 2… this is the guy.
- Dan Berger, another TMNT veteran, also contributes a 3 page prologue.
- Rick McCollum and Bill Anderson (“Twilight of the Ring,” “Juliet’s Revenge”) are illustrating the cover. Ross Campbell is also doing a bit of the interiors. Also Angie Sternitzke, and Arseniy Dubakov.
- We have a variety of rewards in store for people able and willing to contribute to the project, as you will see below.
What We Need & What You Get
- Jim Lawson has very graciously attached himself to the project, however he does need compensation. 37 pages of “Odyssey” have already been commissioned and completed, and to complete the project additional funding is needed.
- We are not asking for money to help publish or profit in any way, shape, or form – we are only looking for funds to continue commissioning Jim Lawson for the pages that remain. In addition to helping bring to fruition this project contributing is also a big way to give back to a man who has given a great deal to TMNT as we know it today.
- Any and all funds received up to the $3,270 will go directly to Jim Lawson to complete the remaining pages. Any additional funds beyond that amount received – if any – will go toward other aspects of the project.
Other Ways You Can Help
- Can’t contribute? You can help by getting the word out about our campaign, spreading the word about “Odyssey” and this Indiegogo page to other Turtle fans.
- Don’t forget to use the Indiegogo share tools!