Santa Claus is coming to town!... for most Americans, the holidays are a major cause for celebration, but for the victims of Hurricane Sandy, things are not as rosy…
These people need our help, and that's why we’re here: to raise money, to help them out and to brighten up New York with crowds of running Santas!
Hundreds of runners from various world universities, cities and institutions are rapidly gathering... we want you to join us! On Sunday December 2 2012 at 1pm, hundreds of Santas will descend upon the streets of New York to raise money for the victims of Hurricane Sandy.
The jog/walk will start at the Sundial, College Walk at Columbia University (116th St. between Broadway and Amsterdam). There will be many stops along the way, which will be great photo opportunities for you and your fellow Santas!
- Cathedral of St. John the Divine on 110th and Amsterdam
- Central Park East Drive
- Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree at 5th Ave between 49th and 50th
- Times Square at 42nd and Broadway
- Union Square
What You Can Do
There are many ways you can support this event:
- Be a runner! Get a Santa costume, grab the $10 Race Registration perk, and show up on Sunday, December 2!
- Make a donation - every penny will help to rebuild New York
- Support the runners! Hundreds of people are going to get together to create a spectacle on the streets of New York. Come to watch and cheer them on!
- Join the Facebook event (link below)
- Spread the news! Share this page with all of your friends and family so we can raise more money than the other participating cities
All donations will go to the Mayor's Fund to Advance New York City to support Hurricane Relief. More details on this charity can be found here: http://www.nyc.gov/html/fund/html/home/home.shtml
Detailed route map: http://s10.postimage.org/r7u4st2d3/Santa_Dash_Map.jpg
- Starting at the Sundial, head east on College Walk
- Turn right on Amsterdam
- Turn left on 110th Street
- Turn right into Central Park and head all the way down East Drive
- Go down 5th Avenue and stop at Rockefeller Center to see the Christmas Tree
- Turn right on 42nd Street and head to Times Square
- Turn left on Broadway and head all the way down to finish at Union Square
- Extended happy hour until closing at Brad's
Team on This Campaign: