Stop the rabbits before they make more and more rabbits!!!
We are developing an arcade style game for mobile devices. The game will be initially released for iPhones; followed by Android and Tablets.
Oh no! The farm rabbits have escaped their hutch and the wild rabbits are trying to mate with them!!!
Stop the madness by drawing fences to separate the male and female rabbits. If a male and female rabbit collide, they make a new rabbit; you'll have to fence off the baby bunnies too before they grow into full grown reproducing rabbits!
The game gets increasingly harder within a level as more rabbits collide creating even more rabbits. The levels get harder too as enemies like foxes and "dogs on the loose" appear in the field - each with the intent of eating your rabbits!
The more rabbits you have fenced, the higher your points, so you don't want to lose them! But you also don't want so many that you can't control the population growth either.
Game End: You can lose a level if you lose all your rabbits, or you lose all of one sex of rabbit. You will also lose a level if you have a population explosion; if things get so out of hand that there are more rabbits than field to put them in... the level ends (but you can replay lost levels).
You need carrots to keep your rabbits well fed. Run out of carrots and the game ends (and you'll have to start all over).
The game will also be peppered with mini-games to unlock. For example, you may have to manouver your device to get the rabbits across a busy road.
What We Need & Why we need it:
We are currently developing a demo of the movement mechanics, screen design and character designs. We need more funds to complete the demo. Then we will use the demo to entice a major game developer who we have already been in contact with. This developer is interested, but needs to see a more fully featured demo.
We have used our own funds and our own time to get the graphics and demo this far. We need more cash to take the game demo further. This is how the cash will be used:
- $250 for more graphic designs of:
- the characters and their enemies
- screen shots (load screens, etc.)
- $500 for more features in the movement mechanics demo. For example:
- Currently you can lose the game, but you cannot win the game. We need to program the software to calculate the areas divided by the fences and track the sexes of the rabbits in each area.
- Scoring that will include the time bonus, and Field bonus (you get bonus points for lots of rabbits in a small field)
- Enemies (Dogs and Foxes) will appear and kill the rabbits unless you fence them off first!
- After successfully corraling the rabbits, the game will restart with one additional male and female rabbit.
- Rabbits get smaller when there are more rabbits on the screen. This allows for better game play in the later stages, with an easy learning curve and more visible details in the early stages.
- Audio - primarily better sound effects.
- More compact code for playing on mobile devices (right now the game plays well on computers, but not on mobile devices with slower CPUs)
- Any major overages that exceed the money needed for the demo will go towards the development of the final game.
This is an all or nothing campaign. If we don't reach our goal we don't get a cent. Please help us reach our goal to develop this game demo - so we can then move on to develop the game!
What you get:
First and foremost you will get our gratitude - every one of you who contributes, or shares this campaign with their friends and followers.
In addition, we will give financial contributers the following perks:
- For a $10 donation you will receive: Our thanks, a copy of the game gifted to you upon completion
- For a $25 donation you will receive: Our thanks, the finished game, access to a private Brainstorming discussion group where we will share our ideas for the game and you can have input into the development; make suggestions, vote on designs and concepts, and get your name into the "Thank You" credits on the finished game
- For a $50 donation you will receive: Our thanks, the finished game, access to the private Brainstorming group where you can make suggestions, vote, etc. AND, receive beta test versions to run on your computer, and your name in the credits as a "Beta Tester"
- For a $100 donation you will receive: Our thanks, the finished game, access to the private Brainstorming group so you can make suggestions, receive beta test versions of the game to run on your computer, your name in the credits as a "Beta Tester/Backer" AND two 8.5x10" limited-edition posters of design sketches from the games development digitally signed by the artist AND a T-shirt with the Rolling Rabbit sketch on the chest and "Nuthanger Farm Beta Tester/Backer" on the back.
Other Ways You Can Help
We know that not everybody is able to contribute cash, but that doesn’t mean they can’t help:
- Spread the word and make some noise about Nuthanger Farm - especially to anyone who is a fan of rabbits or Arcade style games!
Team on This Campaign: